Similar questions from the community
how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad
- Asked by Hosien B from Bronx
- Dec 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
can this trackpad be used with other systems, such as a Dell?
- Asked by Rosemarie M from Sewell
- Jan 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can this trackpad be used with other systems, such as a Dell?)
will one trackpad work with multiple macs?
I have a macbook and a macbook pro. Can one trackpad be synced with both of my macs?
- Asked by Brett V from Allentown
- Apr 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will one trackpad work with multiple macs?)
Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?
I'd like to have a wireless keyboard (that I have) and a Magic Trackpad (ditto), but I'd also need a numeric pad as one of my key programs (Vectorworks) needs it.
There is a nasty piece of plastic for the last purpose, but I wonder if I could have a Mobee Magic Numpad in a second Magic TP simultaneously.
- Asked by Petri S from Helsinki
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?)
Can the Trackpad be used to write signatures on PDFs?
- Asked by Tyler S from Babylon
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Trackpad be used to write signatures on PDFs?)
Does the Magic Trackpad make it any easier to edit with Final Cut pro shortcuts?
- Asked by Erik O from Floreat, Perth
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad make it any easier to edit with Final Cut pro shortcuts?)
Can it be used as a key board
Can You use the trackpad as a key board
- Asked by Mark K from Furnissdale
- Oct 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a key board)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Does the Magic Trackpad have a gyroscope?
It would only make sense for it to have one. Especially since they have the Mac app store, so does it?
- Asked by Chris H from Minneapolis
- Mar 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad have a gyroscope?)
How to take screenshot with Trackpad
How can I take a screenshot using the Trackpad. Command, Shift, 4 activates the 'camera' but how do I choose the are for the screenshot and how to take the picture?
- Asked by Marcus G
- Jul 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to take screenshot with Trackpad)
No answers yet
If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?
In other words, can the Magic Trackpad be used with a MacBook and/or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by George L from Yellowknife
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?)
Locking a Magic Trackpad
Does anyone know of a way to secure a Magic Trackpad? I am wanting to use one for work, but am not sure how to secure it to my desk to make sure someone doesn't steal it. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Luke S from Aloha
- Jul 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Locking a Magic Trackpad)
No answers yet