will iphone5 adapter charge ipad air
- Asked by David H from Pacifica
- Nov 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will iphone5 adapter charge ipad air)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes it will, but it will take a long time to charge and your charging cube will get fairly hot. It's putting out a little under half the power that the standard iPad charger does (5W compared to 12W), hence those side effects. So YES, it will charge your iPad (slowly), but NO, it's not recommended. Personally I would only do this if you were in a jam and had no other charger available. Although in technicality, it is a generic USB charger, charging any device powered by 5V USB.
- Answered by Corey P from Oregon
- Dec 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. iPads need more current between 2.1-2.4 Ampere while the iPhones charger output is only 1.0 ampere .
- Answered by Leo N
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it okay to charge iPhone 5S and iPad Air?
- Asked by Christopher D from Chatham
- Feb 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it okay to charge iPhone 5S and iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Incase Dual Car USB Charger with Li…
How long does it take to charge an iPhone???? How long to charge an iPad???
- Asked by Thomas M from Alliance
- Feb 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does it take to charge an iPhone???? How long to charge an iPad???)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Exte…