will iphone5 adapter charge ipad air
- Asked by David H from Pacifica
- Nov 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will iphone5 adapter charge ipad air)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes it will, but it will take a long time to charge and your charging cube will get fairly hot. It's putting out a little under half the power that the standard iPad charger does (5W compared to 12W), hence those side effects. So YES, it will charge your iPad (slowly), but NO, it's not recommended. Personally I would only do this if you were in a jam and had no other charger available. Although in technicality, it is a generic USB charger, charging any device powered by 5V USB.
- Answered by Corey P from Oregon
- Dec 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I charge my iPad Air with the 85w adapter?
- Asked by Chris E from Castle Rock
- Jun 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my iPad Air with the 85w adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Does Apple have a 10' charging cord?
- Asked by Sharron R from Independence
- Feb 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple have a 10' charging cord?)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet
What will happen if charge iphone 5 with iPad air lightening plug?
- Asked by Rossana W from London
- May 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What will happen if charge iphone 5 with iPad air lightening plug?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)