Does it take longer to charge an iPhone when using this 2m cable, or the 1m cable?
I heard that the longer the cable, the less power it can emit, so will it have a lesser charging rate. If so, approximately how much longer will this take?
- Asked by Ryan Y from Torornto
- Feb 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it take longer to charge an iPhone when using this 2m cable, or the 1m cable?)
2 Answers from the Community
As for an iPhone, not much difference. If you're using a longer cable for an iPad or anything with a bigger battery than an iPhone, it will take longer, but it depends on the output as well. Using a normal wall outlet will take longer than usual.
- Answered by Anthony D from Chino Hills
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That is not true as the protocol and signaling used determine the charging tension (5V) and the current (500mA standard USB to 2400mA for iPad 4)!
I use this cable with my iPhone 5 and it takes exactly the same time than with the 1m cable!
- Answered by Diogo M
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there a longer charging cable say 2m?
- Asked by Josephine B
- Jan 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a longer charging cable say 2m?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
Is there a longer charge cable for Ipad
- Asked by Kenneth P from Tecumseh
- Jan 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a longer charge cable for Ipad)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter