Does it take longer to charge an iPhone when using this 2m cable, or the 1m cable?
I heard that the longer the cable, the less power it can emit, so will it have a lesser charging rate. If so, approximately how much longer will this take?
- Asked by Ryan Y from Torornto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it take longer to charge an iPhone when using this 2m cable, or the 1m cable?)
2 Answers from the Community
As for an iPhone, not much difference. If you're using a longer cable for an iPad or anything with a bigger battery than an iPhone, it will take longer, but it depends on the output as well. Using a normal wall outlet will take longer than usual.
- Answered by Anthony D from Chino Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That is not true as the protocol and signaling used determine the charging tension (5V) and the current (500mA standard USB to 2400mA for iPad 4)!
I use this cable with my iPhone 5 and it takes exactly the same time than with the 1m cable!
- Answered by Diogo M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What's the difference between a 1 m and 2 m charging cable?
- Asked by Lee B from Paradise Valley
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference between a 1 m and 2 m charging cable?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable…
Does this work with Apples longer 2m Lightning cable
- Asked by James W
- Feb 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Apples longer 2m Lightning cable)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Stand for iPhon…
Is there a longer charging cable say 2m?
- Asked by Josephine B
- Jan 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a longer charging cable say 2m?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet