Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?
- Asked by Madison B from Wildwood
- Dec 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
7 Answers from the Community
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- Jan 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You are *supposed* to be able to, but that has not been my experience.
I have not been able to watch movies on my TV from the Netflix app using this cable and my iPod Touch (gen 2) or iPhone 3GS - I get audio but no picture. But I can watch videos I downloaded from the iTunes store and Youtube without issue.
- Answered by Katherine H from Syracuse
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Mmmmm....not so much. You can connect the cable to all devices listed by Apple on the AV Composite page at the Apple store, but only 4th Generation IPod Touches, potentially certain IPhones, and the IPad can stream video from the web. All listed devices can play video and tv programs that ON your device. But, no Netflix (or other streaming web content, YouTube, etc.) for those below a 4th generation!
- Answered by Chad S from Wausau
- Jan 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Najim A from Elkhart
- Feb 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have been trying with various HDMI leads to get netflix streaming to my hdtv, but have failed. I have managed to get it streaming from my iPod gen 4 however, so can only conclude my iPad 2 will not allow streaming films via the netflix app.
- Answered by R J W
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
i have a ipod4 and i have this cord it does not work what so ever, i looked up every video, every website, it will not work for a ipod4 i have not seen anyproof that it will.
- Answered by John R from Niles
- Aug 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I can use Netflix just fine but can´t use the Vimeo or the Ted Talks app.... on the iPod touch 4
- Answered by Linda S from Monterrey
- Aug 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
can i stream movies on apple tv from my watch tcm app?
- Asked by Lisa C from Englewood
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream movies on apple tv from my watch tcm app?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?
- Asked by Martin W from Larkspur
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter