Will this work in an old ~4000 square foot house?
I'm wondering if this will work, or if I will need to purchase an AirPort Extreme for this. How many mbps does this average vs. the Extreme?
- Asked by Chris H from Shaker Heights
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work in an old ~4000 square foot house?)
1 Answer from the Community
The range of your wifi depends upon what your house is made of. My house is 80 years old and built mostly steel lath plaster and stone walls. I don't get very good coverage with a router and repeater. Many houses 5000 and larger however easily get by with one router depending on the placement of the chimney. If you are able to place your router in the best location you may get by with one, but then you may not.
The AirPort Extreme and the Time Capsule have AC capability. The AC range may be better than N but few people have tried it as there are very few computers that contain AC radios.
Recently I bought the new TimeCapsule to replace my G router and G repeater. I was hoping to get by without a repeater. However, using the N standard my Time Capsule does not quite do the job in my home. I'm going to have to buy an AirPort Express to improve the coverage.
- Answered by Richard E from Scarsdale
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does this work with the Square device for transactions?
- Asked by Cheryl S from Bear River
- Sep 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with the Square device for transactions?)
- Asked about: Moshi Versacover Stand Case for iPa…
Does square work in Europe?
- Asked by Charles W from Madison
- Aug 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does square work in Europe?)
- Asked about: Square Credit Card Reader
No answers yet