Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)
3 Answers from the Community
No, you will need an internet provider.
- Answered by Ryan B from Toronto
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you will still have to get a internet provider as the AirPort Express is like a router which sends your internet wirelessly to all your remote devices. The internet provider will give you a modem, then you plug in a Ethernet Cable to it and the AirPort Express and away you go. If you have a iMac you can use the AirPort Utility App: to set it up. (Finder-Applications-Utilities-AirPort App)
- Answered by Thomas M from Cleveland
- Jan 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You need an internet service. It will come with a modem that will possibly already have WiFi capability - mine from Comcast does. In this case, AirPort Express will extend your WiFi, allow you to connect iTunes to your hifi, etc.
- Answered by William N from Wheaton
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No Internet at the house which one do I need and how do I pay for the service every month?
- Asked by Jacki K from North Platte
- Nov 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet at the house which one do I need and how do I pay for the service every month?)
- Asked about: iPad
Can I install this battery myself, or do I take it to a service center?
- Asked by Lorraine W from Staten Island
- Mar 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install this battery myself, or do I take it to a service center?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…