First question is will this fit in MBP 15" late 2008 model? Second question is how long this battery will last in normal usage on this model?
I do have MBP 15" late 2008 model. Will this battery fit in to it?
Currently battery is in good condition (100 cycles - 4200mAh charge). But this last for around 2hrs approximately. Is this what apple batteries last normally?
Apple writes in the product details that MBP 15" latest models can have appro 8-9 hrs of battery life! Is this true or a trap?
1 Answer from the Community
This battery will fit any 15-inch MacBook Pro with a removable battery. Your model is supported.
Normal usage is supposed to be around 4 hours, but actual usage may vary. Most users report an average battery life of 2 to 3 hours, but if you cycle your battery as apple recommends, you may have a better experience.
The latest MacBook Pros are unibody models, which means that their batteries cannot be replaced. This battery is for the older models, such as the one you have, which only support approximately 4 hours of battery life.
- Answered by Samiran B from Avondale Estates
- Feb 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which Macbook Pro Retina should I buy, 13" or 15"?
- Asked by Kassie G from Pedricktown
- Dec 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook Pro Retina should I buy, 13" or 15"?)
- Asked about: Mac
Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
- Asked by Shaina H from Richond
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter