Does anyone got mold under the shell?
I've been checking the Speck Smartshell case for my MacBook Pro 13" Retina.
But on the Apple store, the product is shown twice: once with only the black color and a second time with many colors options?
It seems to be the same product.
HOWEVER, for the black color many customers complained about having mold appearing under the shell and eating the MBP??!!
I would like to buy one (not the black one obviously) but not if it means more harm for my quite expensive MBP...
Thank you for your answers!
- Asked by Cecile L
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone got mold under the shell?)
1 Answer from the Community
My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, and mine, a blue one, about a year and a half. neither machine has any growth of any kind under the shell. I suspect someone spilled liquid on, or sat the MBP in question in or on a wet area. Possibly they used it in a high humidity area. the shell isn't sealed, and has vent holes in the underside, so I would very much be surprised that there would mold, mildew or any other growths inside. Provided it wasn't used in the Amazon rain forest.
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Has anyone been able to pair them with the iPhone 6 yet?
- Asked by M Andrew M from Atlanta
- Sep 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone been able to pair them with the iPhone 6 yet?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…
Can the speck smart shell be attached in conjunction with the logitech keyboard?
- Asked by Amanda W from Genesee
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the speck smart shell be attached in conjunction with the logitech keyboard?)
- Asked about: Speck SmartShell Case for iPad mini