Would I be able to put this camera on my car . Is it waterproof?
I travel a lot and I would like to put this camera on my car . And I would like to film all the incredible things that I see on the road .
- Asked by Fernando B from Manteca
- Dec 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able to put this camera on my car . Is it waterproof?)
7 Answers from the Community
The camera itself is not waterproof. It does come with a waterproof housing that is good to 131'/40M.
It includes 1 curved and 1 flat adhesive mount that you can use to attach to your vehicle.
- Answered by Alan H from Somersworth
- Feb 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes in Fact I am a pilot and have one on the top of my cockpit. I mounted it with the clips and mounts it came with and has stayed on even though I reached speeds of 300mph and through clouds and light rain. I have video to prove it. I'm quite happy with it. the 3m adhesive they use is incredible.
- Answered by Joaquin P from La
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes the camera is waterproof to 40m and you can buy a diving case to take it further and yes you can mount it to your car.
- Answered by Alfie M
- Dec 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes. defiantly I've got the hero 2 as long as you've got the water proof back on it and sealed correctly it will be water proof from rain and can be taken down to a depth of 60m under water.
- Answered by Sebastian R from Peterborough
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes it's fully waterproof straight out the box. It comes in it's own housing which is completed waterproof and sealed tight when closed. If you want to mount it to your car your will need a suction cup mount which is extra or if you shop on the go pro site you can buy a hero 3 car edition which comes with the suction cup as part of the bundle. I believe the suction cup is rated to something silly like 200mph.
- Answered by Jonathan W
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
There's a great "Suction-Cup Mount" gopro sells that is rock solid (I would still advise using a tether incase it fails).
The camera is not waterproof but it comes with a WaterProof housing that is good up to 60m underwater. (Make sure you have a perfect seal everytime you use it underwater).
- Answered by Ryan N from Yonkers
- Jun 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes with the case it is water proof, but when putting it on your car take into effect wind resistance, you do not want a black+ Gopro flying off at 120mph
- Answered by James B from Grand Rapids
- Apr 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Is this remote waterproof?
- Asked by Avenel R from Sacramento
- May 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this remote waterproof?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Would I be able plug a USB stick into this device to take pictures from the iPad?
- Asked by Courtney N from Bridgenorth
- Jan 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able plug a USB stick into this device to take pictures from the iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter