Can you dock your phone if it has a case on it...such as an Otterbox defender or a Spigen Tough Armor ?
- Asked by Jeffrey E from Vestal
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you dock your phone if it has a case on it...such as an Otterbox defender or a Spigen Tough Armor ?)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Stand for iPhon…
5 Answers from the Community
Yup! This dock is SPECIALLY made so that it will work with all cases. The stand that the cable comes out of is adjustable, so if your case is thick, you can move it away from the stand.
- Answered by Andrew P from Charles Town
- Oct 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can dock your iPhone that has a case on such the Otterbox, Spigen Touch Armor, Lifeproof or even all speck cases and many others. There are 3 different kind of adapters included to accommodate the different kind of cases.
- Answered by Tam B from Kitchener
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it fits if you use the correct adapter they supply depending on the thickness of the case you have.
- Answered by Harold F from Toronto
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You should be able to dock your iPhone with a case on. 12 South includes a number of base inserts to accommodate different cases, and the rear support is adjustable to allow for different case thicknesses.
- Answered by John C from Fairfax
- Jan 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Unfortunately, the answer is no. I bought this dock for my father for Christmas because the literature says the 12 S. high-rise will work with most cases. But I put the dock together and used the largest adapter, and his phone could not seat on the end of the lightning cord. This dock did NOT work with an OtterBox-covered iPhone 6 (for me).
if anyone has tried the same thing and had success, I'd really like to hear about it. Maybe I got a defective model. But I don't think so. I'm using the dock now with my phone and have no problem. Of course I have a very thin case and was able to use the smallest adapter.
- Answered by Elizabeth B from Baltimore
- Jan 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Will this fit with the Otterbox armor case?
- Asked by Jason K from Lafayette
- Mar 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit with the Otterbox armor case?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
No answers yet
will this fit with the otterbox defender case?
- Asked by Michael D from Effort
- Oct 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit with the otterbox defender case?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Does this allow you to charge your phone with an otterbox on?
- Asked by Jodi F from Owings
- Jan 31, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow you to charge your phone with an otterbox on?)
- Asked about: iHome iDL46GC Lightning Dock Dual C…