How long is the life expectancy of the Hue bulbs? If the bridge in the original starter pack breaks how do I control it and not all my bulbs?
1 Answer from the Community
The BR30 Hue bulbs have a life expectancy of 15,000 hours. If you use these 3 hours/day, they should last 13+ years. They use just 8 watts for 630 lumens, so you will save quite a bit of money on electrical costs over the lifespan of the bulbs.
If the original starter pack bridge breaks, you will need to link your old bulbs with the new bridge. This used to be difficult with the original bridge firmware and app, but is now easier. If you use the "Hue Lights" third-party app, your scenes are stored with the app, so you wouldn't lose your scenes or favorite colors. The order that you add bulbs is still important though. When you get a new bridge, add the bulbs in the same order as the original to preserve your light numbers. The everyhue.com website has a lot of posts on this topic.
- Answered by Cour Du V from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?
- Asked by Maria Lourdes V from Moraga
- Sep 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
Will the lux bulbs work with the hub from the original hue? Do I need to buy a starter pack if I already have a hub?
- Asked by Myles T from Arlington
- Aug 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the lux bulbs work with the hub from the original hue? Do I need to buy a starter pack if I already have a hub?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lux Starter Pack