My IPhone 5 has an Otterbox Defender case. Will this dock with this model?
I don't want to have to remove the case each time I dock with the iHome iPL.
- Asked by Joyce A C from Houston
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My IPhone 5 has an Otterbox Defender case. Will this dock with this model?)
2 Answers from the Community
I don't know how thick the Otterbox Defender case but I'm guessing like most cases, it adds on quite a few mm which renders the 8-pin Lightning dock connector useless as it is so small and won't be able to get a good connection.
I bought the iPL10 with the same thought in mind - my iPhone has quite a tight-fitting case which I don't want to have to remove every night to recharge it. That's where the USB connection comes into it's own as as long as you have a Lightning to USB cable, you can just connect your iPhone via the cable without having to remove the case - it will charge and playback music just as though you were using the dock.
Plus when I choose to use the dock for my iPhone, it will also charge/playback from my iPad too (albeit charging is slow).
- Answered by Jim E
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, my speck case doesn't even fit and it is pretty slim.
- Answered by Kristina L from Laurel
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you have an Otterbox could you use this product?
- Asked by Nathan B from Freeport
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If you have an Otterbox could you use this product?)
- Asked about: Belkin Charge + Sync Dock for iPhon…
Does this charger work with an Otterbox Defender case for Iphone 5?
- Asked by Grace W from Grafton
- Dec 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger work with an Otterbox Defender case for Iphone 5?)
- Asked about: Just Mobile AluPocket Wall Mount fo…
will this fit with the otterbox defender case?
- Asked by Michael D from Effort
- Oct 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit with the otterbox defender case?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter