Can you connect two hubs to hue?
- Asked by Kathryn S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect two hubs to hue?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes you can connect to Hub's to one network. They will behave as two different networks and some apps, including the Philips App, can support two bridges. However they will behave independently so to turn all lights off you would need to switch hubs. Each hub can support 50 lights so if you want everything in the house to act as a single lighting system you only need 1 hub.
However, as in my case, my son has his own large room with a Hue system and has it connected to IFTTT. The bridge can only connect to one IFTTT account so if you want independent control then two hub's become essential. He now has his lighting system, I have mine. All off on his iPhone does not turn off my lights and vs versa.
So in summary, it can be done, it needs to be done if you want independent My Hue/IFTTT accounts but doesn't need to be done if you want everything to act as one whole lighting system.
- Answered by John S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Each bulb can be connected to only one bridge (hub). You can have multiple bridges but then you won't be able to connect your bulbs to any bridge (as I suspect you're trying to do). If you use multiple bridges then you will have to use two different apps to control each set of bulbs (the ones that are connected to the bridge via that app).
- Answered by Soumik S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Are you referring to two separate bridges? If so, there isn't a need, unless you are trying to connect more than 50 bulbs. What are you trying to accomplish? I found the app isn't very user friendly when trying to make different scenes for different rooms. So I have a page on the app for my living room, a page that has scenes for the master suite, and the main page which has the all off button has scenes that turn on all lights in the entire house. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Cheri K from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can you use two hue bulbs in the same lamp / fixture
- Asked by Ann B from Washington
- Feb 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use two hue bulbs in the same lamp / fixture)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Single…
Can I use a A19 and a BR30 bulb on the same hub?
- Asked by Feroze S from Pierrefonds
- Nov 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a A19 and a BR30 bulb on the same hub?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…