Can I use this printer to print from my MacBook Air
- Asked by Jill P
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this printer to print from my MacBook Air)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, brilliantly. You just need to be on the same WiFi network and off you go. The printer creates its own wireless network, and you can simply use that—although that does not give internet access.
Given my work environment, I have to switch between the networks depending on whether I want to print or use the Internet. But a saner set up would be to have the printer and the computer (or iPhone or iPad) on the same WiFi network, which is what I have at home (with a slightly older Envy printer).
There is also the option of printing via USB cable. I haven't tried this with my MacBook Air—why would I want to?—but my (employer-supplied) Windows PC prints via cable and there is absolutely no hassle the printer responding to requests from both sources.
- Answered by Andrew L
- May 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the best way to print scan and fax from my MacBook Air
- Asked by Lisa T from Bothell
- May 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to print scan and fax from my MacBook Air)
- Asked about: Mac
printers that support air print
- Asked by William W from Solana Beach
- Jul 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (printers that support air print)
- Asked about: iPad