is there any way to plug a thumb drive into this keyboard? an adapter for the micro usb?
i'm looking for any way to transfer data between an ipad and a thumb drive
- Asked by Emily C from Malden
- Flag as inappropriate (is there any way to plug a thumb drive into this keyboard? an adapter for the micro usb?)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover f…
3 Answers from the Community
Hi. Thanks for your question -- it's a common one.
The ipad only supports photos via USB. to do that, you would get the camera connection kit, and it should allow you to plug in a usb key full of photos, although I haven't tried it.
Goodreader is really my preferred app for doing file transfers.
Also, Evernote is excellent as a go between between computer and ipad. The app store will highlight many other apps that work well together. (Mac or PC can run evernote.)
For more, please post in the apple discussions.
- Answered by Sam K from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, because, there's neither USB connection nor adapter on the KB.
NOTE: The KB comes with a battery-charging cable. One end plugs into the mini-USP connector on the KB; the other end connects to a standard USB connector on a computer. As far as I know, this is only for charging the KB battery.
- Answered by Mike H from Highlands Ranch
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. It's just a bluetooth keyboard, without any on-board intelligence to "read" a USB drive or any way to transmit the data. The microUSB is used solely for charging.
- Answered by Karen D from Norwalk
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use this on Apple TV?
- Asked by Leo C from Burlington
- Dec 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this on Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K7…
No answers yet
what usb do you use with the lightning micro usb adapter
- Asked by Rose M from Amery
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what usb do you use with the lightning micro usb adapter)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter