What's the difference in Apple TV and Apple TV 3rd generation?
- Asked by Rana B from Pryor
- Nov 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference in Apple TV and Apple TV 3rd generation?)
2 Answers from the Community
The first generation apple tv has a hard drive with limited storage capacity. It also does not have mirroring capabilities. The third generation is not limited to any predetermined capacity. It will stream directly from your iOS device that is an iPhone 4s or newer or an iPad 2 or newer. So if it's stored on your ios device or iTunes account, it will stream to your tv. It will also mirror anything on those devices on your tv. So anything that you see on your iOS device screen (any app, video, etc) will be shown on your tv.
- Answered by Linda R from Hampton Cove
- Nov 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The first gen. ATV had a hard drive which allowed you to sync movies, music, photos to the drive. This allowed later
playback without any connection to iTunes on a computer or iPad.
The newer generations of ATV do give you added features like Netflix as well as the ability to mirror your computer or iPad to your television.
- Answered by Lee K from Kingston
- Nov 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)