Can I extend FaceTime to Apple TV from macbook
If I do FaceTime in my macbook pro, (with most recent os) then I can stream Face time to TV through Apple tv?
- Asked by Duy V from Glenmont
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend FaceTime to Apple TV from macbook)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. You can mirror your Macbook's screen to the Apple TV and have the FaceTime app running. Anyone able to see the TV could see the person you are FaceTiming with. Keep in mind that the person you are FaceTiming with would only see whatever your Macbook Pro's camera is pointing at. You might have to put the computer next to the TV for the best viewing experience. Also, keep in mind that even if your computer can run OS 10.9 Mavericks, it might not be able to do AirPlay. My wife's Macbook runs Mavericks with no problem, but can't do AirPlay because the hardware is too old. Here is the (as of now) list of Macs that support AirPlay:
iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
You can search Apple's website for "About AirPlay in OS X" for more information.
- Answered by Tobias T from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use Apple TV and my MacBook to FaceTime from the computer to the tv?
- Asked by Erin H from Las Vegas
- Nov 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Apple TV and my MacBook to FaceTime from the computer to the tv?)