Jump and roll anywhere
Fast, rugged, and lively, the Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo robot performs acrobatics on command from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the FreeFlight 3 app. This easy-to-use device gives you an entirely new way to experience playing with robots.
An acrobatic and fearless adventurer
Jumping Sumo generates its own Wi-Fi (AC) connection, so you can automatically connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as soon as you enter the free FreeFlight 3 application. An advanced jumping system gives Jumping Sumo a vertical and horizontal jump up to 2.5 feet/80 centimeters. It also rolls at up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and turns 90 and 180 degrees in the blink of an eye.
Take control your way
Jumping Sumo offers two different experiences with its adjustable wheels. Depending on your level of experience you can choose stability (wheels extended) or speed (wheels retracted). The sturdy, shock-proof design lets it jump, roll, spin, and explore without stopping. Plus, Jumping Sumo always lands on its wheels. Thanks to its built-in gyroscope and high-speed processor, you can make the most of Jumping Sumo’s superb agility and highly intuitive driving control.
Small size, big personality
Jumping Sumo reveals its cheeky and mischievous personality through the flashing LED lights and sounds. You can also customize your robot's look according to your mood with a range of stickers. Program your own animations and choreograph different moves and tricks to impress everyone watching.
- Generates its own Wi-Fi (AC) connection with a control range of up to 164 feet/50 meters
- Easily controlled with the FreeFlight 3 app on your iOS device
- Able to jump vertically and horizontally up to 2.5 feet/80 centimeters and always lands on its feet
- Preload the spring to anticipate your jumps or use one of the three modes: Jumper, Kicker, Auto-Balance
- 640 by 480 pixel wide-angle camera captures, streams, and saves photos and videos to your iOS device or directly on to a micro-USB flash drive
- A "road plan" lets you program a sequence of actions; the itinerary is available on the FreeFlight 3 application and appears among the pre-programmed movements
- Move forward, backward, and adjust your speed to adapt to the situation
- Rolls up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and avoids any obstacles that get in the way by turning 90 or 180 degrees with the swipe of your finger
- Removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to 20 minutes of fun (battery also compatible with MiniDrone Rolling Spider)
- LED lights and sounds bring Jumping Sumo to life
Did you notice?Jumping Sumo automatically generates its own Wi-Fi connection to your iOS device when you open the FreeFlight 3 app.
Apple Recommends ForEntertaining yourself and friends with a leaping robot you control via iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot MiniDrones Jumping Sumo Robot
- micro USB charging cable
- Two spare rubber feet
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 4.33 in./11 cm
- Width: 7.28 in./18.5 cm
- Weight: 6.35 oz./180 g
- Length: 5.9 in./15 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PF724001
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410022401
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 months from the initial date of purchase (excluding consumables, which are warranted during 6 months from the initial date of purchase) upon presentation of proof of purchase of the retailer (including the date and place of purchase, product serial #).
1 App, 2 Parrot MiniDrones!
Get FreeFlight 3, the free and official control app to pilot the Parrot MiniDrones (Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider).
SUPER-INTUITIVE – Piloting Parrot drones have never been easier thanks to the adjustable interface, which is able to adapt to the connected drone.
FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro within minutes!
Easily control the Parrot drones by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly!
EASY PAIRING - Freeflight 3 App automatically detects the type of Parrot drone you are piloting.
How to connect to Rolling Spider: Switch on the drone, activate the Bluetooth of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Bluetooth and launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Jumping Sumo: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Wi-Fi and launch FreeFlight 3.
ACROBATIC FIGURES – Parrot Jumping Sumo is a responsive robot with a personality! It rolls, rushes, zigzags, circles, takes turns at 90° and, in a flash, jumps up to 80cm in height and length! Jumping Sumo offers 3 piloting modes: Auto-Balance, Kicker and Jumper. You can roll and jump anywhere!
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility. It flies indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It rips through the air, flips and thanks to its removable wheels, rolls from floor to ceiling! With Rolling Spider and FreeFlight 3, you can be rapid, agile, perform aerobatics and 90° (and 180°) turns thanks to the “swipe” control feature!
VIDEO & PHOTO –Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams the video on the screen of the piloting Smartphone or the Tablet. You discover the world at the height of the Jumping Sumo and explore areas that were inaccessible until now. It can also take pictures and videos which are stored on a micro-USB stick (not included) plugged directly into the robot.
The vertical camera of Rolling Spider can be used to take snapshots.
ROAD PLAN – A ‘road plan’ enables you to program a sequence of actions. When you access the application, the itinerary appears amongst the pre-defined movements of your Jumping Sumo. Create your best figures to impress your friends!
Roll, jump, fly!
For an overview on piloting the drones, check out our tutorial videos. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Parrot share your opinion contest
This drone really shows how powerful and fun drones can be they are educational and awesome pick one up today
- Written by Anthony J from ALBUQUERQUE
13 of 17 people found this useful
This toy is so great. It jumps so far. You should get this now.
- Written by Scott R from Lighthouse Pt.
15 of 21 people found this useful
It is a fun toy which has a unique feature: it jumps! It is easy to pilot at very durable.
- Written by Marc Apollo A from Burbank
12 of 16 people found this useful
A drone like no other!!
The Jumping Sumo MiniDrone is unlike any other RC Toy on the market within the same price point. The drone can jump forward, jump The Jumping Sumo MiniDrone is unlike any other RC Toy on the market within the same price point. The drone can jump forward, jump up and kick, no other RC Toy currently does this. These features and the drones small size and agility make the drone fun to pilot!
Whats in the box:
1. Jumping Sumo MiniDrone
2. MiniDrone Battery
3. MicroUSB Charging Cable
4. 2 Replacement Jumping Feet
5. Stickers for customizing the Jumping Sumo
6. Quick Start Guide
1. Charging – Use MicroUSB to charge and Takes 1.5 to 2 Hours
2. Download the FreeFlight 3 App for free
3. Connect to the Jumping Sumo like you would a WiFi Network, use 5GHz in the settings for less interference.
Piloting the Jumping Sumo
1. Left thumb for forward and reverse throttle
2. Tilt left or right to steer
3. Right Thumb gestures to turn in 90 or 180 degree increments, to jump up, jump forward or kick and to activate preprogrammed maneuvers and to change modes
The Jumping Sumo has three “modes”
1. Jumping Mode – Camera faces forward so the drone can jump up or forward
2. Kicking Mode – Camera faces backward so the drone can kick
3. Balancing Mode – Camera faces the ground so the drone has more ground clearance and balances itself.
The tires can be “popped” in so the drone is more agile and narrow or “popped” out so the drone has a wider stance so it is easier to maneuver. The drone is very nimble and responsive to the controls, very fun to drive indoors and jumping on and over furniture and other obstacles. The drone is made well and is small but feels durable. The drone settings are configurable through the freeflight 3 app which allow customization of the piloting of the drone. The camera allow piloting of the drone in another room and to take snapshots and videos. Overall fun for the family and friends. …
- Written by Joseph T from Edmonton
1 of 1 people found this useful
LOTS OF FUN, FPV trainning device.
I cannot stop repeating how wrong I was when I thought I wouldn´t like this toy, I am having a blast with it, well, not just me, m I cannot stop repeating how wrong I was when I thought I wouldn´t like this toy, I am having a blast with it, well, not just me, my two year old baby girl is too, at first she was scared of it though, but a couple of minutes later she couldn´t stop LHAO when she saw it jump onto her bed when I was chasing her. The best part was looking at her face when she couldn´t see me. Now she´s asking me all day "Daddy... let´s play with the Tot..tot" (that´s how she says robot, and she thinks it´s a robot .... …
- Written by Hugo P from Miami
Very cool and fun toy
everyone in the house loves this thing! Kids, Cats, and the Wife too! Its even more fun with two because you can race around like everyone in the house loves this thing! Kids, Cats, and the Wife too! Its even more fun with two because you can race around like your in the drivers seat. Even though the battery lasts a while, I need to find extra batteries so I can keep the fun going. My cat just follows it everywhere, she loves it and that's saying something because she hates all of the other RC stuff in the house. It passes the durability test with kids too. its constantly falling down the stairs or getting driven off tables but just corrects itself and keeps going! I own several Parrot products and am happy with all of them. if your considering an regular Toy RC car for messing around the house, you'll be much happier with this. …
- Written by Tom G from swedesboro
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How far will it travel with bluetooth connectivity?
- Asked by Rith S from Phnom Penh
- Sep 11, 2014
- Answered by Bryan Y from Annandale
- Sep 21, 2014
Can You really have a arm that grab Candy bars, or is it false?
- Asked by Johan F
- Sep 20, 2014
What age is able to use this item
- Asked by Janice J from East Bridgewater
- Jul 18, 2014
I am not sure what the company says, but if they can use a iPhone, iPad, iPod they will be able to d I am not sure what the company says, but if they can use a iPhone, iPad, iPod they will be able to drive it around and enjoy jumping it. My 10 nephew has showed me things that I couldn't figure out on it. …
- Answered by Robert S from Pembroke
- Aug 25, 2014
How many meters is 3.3 ft?
- Asked by Meng W from Ansonia
- Jul 19, 2014
One feet is approx 30 cm, so 3.3 ft is 1 meter
- Answered by Steffan D
- Jul 23, 2014