Fly and roll
Turn any place into a playground with Parrot's MiniDrone Rolling Spider robot. Simply connect it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Bluetooth Smart technology, then take control using the FreeFlight 3 app. You'll quickly have Rolling Spider weaving through the air and showing off its acrobatic moves.
With a click of your finger, Rolling Spider flips 360 degrees and with a simple swipe it can turn 90 degrees and 180 degrees. Take advantage of pre-programmed acrobatic moves in FreeFlight 3 to keep everyone entertained.
The agile, ultra-compact drone
Attach removable wheels to your Rolling Spider and get ready to roll it across the floor, up a wall, or across the ceiling. The sky's the limit.
Take a photo
Every 16 milliseconds the vertical camera takes pictures of a set point on the ground. It then compares each photo to the previous one in order to determine Rolling Spider's speed.
- Tactile, highly intuitive driving control thanks to Bluetooth Smart technology and the FreeFlight 3 app
- First quadricopter to fly and roll on the ceiling
- Indoors and outdoors, fly up to 11 mph or 18 km/h with one of the most stable quadricopters of this size
- Flip it a full 360 degrees or use a simple swipe to turn 90 or 180 degrees
- Easy piloting with the free FreeFlight 3 app; offers a control range of up to 65 feet/20 meters (also pilots MiniDrone Jumping Sumo)
- An accelerometer and gyroscope inside the Rolling Spider measure and analyze its every movement
- Automatic pilot mode corrects Rolling Spider's angle and position
- Take photos with the embedded, vertical mini-camera
- Available in three colors (white, blue, red) and comes with a set of 12 stickers for customizing
- Removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to eight minutes of flying time (six minutes with wheels); also compatible with MiniDrone Jumping Sumo
- Freefall take-off
Did you notice?FreeFlight 3 app offers exciting pre-programmed moves.
Apple Recommends ForAmusing you and your friends with this acrobatic robot controlled by your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot MiniDrones Rolling Spider Robot
- Two wheels and one axle
- micro USB charging cable
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Weight: 2.29 oz./65 g
- Mfr. Part Number: PF723001
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410022463
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 months from the initial date of purchase (excluding consumables which are warranted during 6 months from the initial date of purchase) upon presentation of proof of purchase of the retailer (including the date and place of purchase, product serial #).
1 App, 3 Parrot Drones!
Get FreeFlight 3, the free and official control app to pilot the Parrot Drones (Bebop Drone, Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider).
SUPER-INTUITIVE – Piloting Parrot drones have never been easier thanks to the adjustable interface, which is able to adapt to the connected drone. FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro within minutes! Easily control the Parrot drones by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly!
EASY PAIRING - Freeflight 3 App automatically detects the type of Parrot drone you are piloting.
How to connect to Bebop Drone: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Bebop”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Rolling Spider: Switch on the drone, activate the Bluetooth of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Bluetooth and launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Jumping Sumo: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Jumping Sumo”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
ACROBATIC FIGURES – Parrot Bebop drone is a lightweight, yet robust quadricopter, equipped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera. Once on the welcome screen, you will access the following functionalities: Piloting, photos/videos, flight plan, Cloud "Pilot Academy"... You can also complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
Parrot Jumping Sumo is a responsive robot with a personality! It rolls, rushes, zigzags, circles, takes turns at 90° and, in a flash, jumps up to 80cm in height and length! Jumping Sumo offers 3 piloting modes: Auto-Balance, Kicker and Jumper. You can roll and jump anywhere!
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility. It flies indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It rips through the air, flips and thanks to its removable wheels, rolls from floor to ceiling! With Rolling Spider and FreeFlight 3, you can be rapid, agile, perform aerobatics and 90° (and 180°) turns thanks to the “swipe” control feature!
VIDEO & PHOTO – Parrot Bebop Drone photo and video stream is synchronized in real time on your smartphone. Share your best shots instantly on Facebook or Picassa. Showcase your flights on Youtube with the touch of a finger. Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams the video on the screen of the piloting Smartphone or the Tablet. You discover the world at the height of the Jumping Sumo and explore areas that were inaccessible until now. It can also take pictures and videos which are stored on a micro-USB stick (not included) plugged directly into the robot. The vertical camera of Rolling Spider can be used to take snapshots.
DRONE ACADEMY - Connect to Parrot Cloud to share your stats with other pilots. Keep track of all your sessions and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Cloud. Connect to share instantly to YouTube or Facebook. Join Pilot Academy with over 150,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your sessions and acrobatics data.
For an overview on piloting the drones, check out our tutorial videos. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Battery life not as advertised
Had the drone for about a week. Is very fun, and easy to fly. However, within a day or two of having the product, battery life b Had the drone for about a week. Is very fun, and easy to fly. However, within a day or two of having the product, battery life began to be a huge issue. At the end, a "full" charge was lasting less than 30 seconds. Product returned, I'll wait until the kinks are worked out. …
- Written by Donald N from Janesville
129 of 147 people found this useful
Coolest mini-drone ever
1) To start, this drone is so much smaller than you think. I can easily wrap the palm of my hand around it. 2) It is the easiest t 1) To start, this drone is so much smaller than you think. I can easily wrap the palm of my hand around it. 2) It is the easiest thing to connect, it connects automatically within seconds. 3) The wheels that attach that help you go on the ceiling are extremely fun to use. 4) The only downside is that you really only get a solid 8-10 minutes to use it before it dies. …
- Written by Anthony F from Dana Point
123 of 141 people found this useful
very fun product
it really fun product , but the battery should last longer at least 30 min , 8 to 10min is not enough , but very fun Im happy wit it really fun product , but the battery should last longer at least 30 min , 8 to 10min is not enough , but very fun Im happy with it …
- Written by jorge V from sylmar
79 of 103 people found this useful
Battery issue FIX
Step 1 calm down
Step 2 remove battery from unit
Step 3 take a thin long flat screwdriver in one hand and the mini drone in the Step 1 calm down
Step 2 remove battery from unit
Step 3 take a thin long flat screwdriver in one hand and the mini drone in the other hand
Step 4 locate the battery connector pins
Step 5 gently push the outside 2 pins inward slightly so that they make better contact with the battery terminals
Step 6 reconnect and fully charge battery (1 hour min.)
step 7 update FreeFlight 3 software
Step 8 update Parrot mini drone firmware
Step 9 enjoy …
- Written by Jesse H from Swift current
2 of 3 people found this useful
Software problem with battery life
I also massive problem with the battery. After full charge you have less than 1 min autonomy.
But i think the problem is related I also massive problem with the battery. After full charge you have less than 1 min autonomy.
But i think the problem is related to the soft.
I have also the JumpingSumo (which is amazing btw), which use the same battery, after 1 min in my Rolling Spider (and pretend battery out) i take off the battery and put it in my JumpingSumo, and surprisingly i have 90% battery and the Robot works for 20min.
So i advise to not buy until they have a solution for this bug, which i am sure is related to the software
Outside this it is a very cool Drone …
- Written by Tony S from Givat schmoel
The drone looks really cool, but as soon as I tried to fly it it went up until I lost signal and came down so fast that it broke. The drone looks really cool, but as soon as I tried to fly it it went up until I lost signal and came down so fast that it broke. The drone only lasted less than 15 seconds. A waste of your money. I really regret buying this product. …
- Written by Francisco I from Key Biscayne
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you take pictures with the rolling spider drone?
- Asked by Roger M from Pilgrims Knob
- Aug 10, 2014
Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then dow Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then download them from the internal memory of the drone to your device. …
- Answered by Kyle H from Chino Hills
- Aug 18, 2014
Can you see through the camera while flying? For instance, could I use it to fly over an area and locate a fire in the brush?
- Asked by Joy D from Shelton
- Jul 8, 2014
Unfortunately, No. The Parrot MiniDrone only houses vertical cameras for capturing height and speed Unfortunately, No. The Parrot MiniDrone only houses vertical cameras for capturing height and speed calculations. There's no dedicated camera in-built for you to see through your iOS device (You must be in the line of sight of the MiniDrone). …
- Answered by Eddie C from Brisbane
- Jul 10, 2014
How long does the battery take to fully charge?
- Asked by Yaman K from Auckland
- Aug 3, 2014
- Answered by Jordan M from Mcminnville
- Aug 5, 2014
how it works i mean it works with wi-fi or bluetooth
- Asked by Sairam V from Dayton
- Dec 10, 2014
- Answered by Luke M from Pueblo
- Dec 22, 2014
Can you buy an external battery for it?
- Asked by Leah B from Vancouver
- Nov 20, 2014