Fly and roll
Turn any place into a playground with Parrot's MiniDrone Rolling Spider robot. Simply connect it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Bluetooth Smart technology, then take control using the FreeFlight 3 app. You'll quickly have Rolling Spider weaving through the air and showing off its acrobatic moves.
With a click of your finger, Rolling Spider flips 360 degrees and with a simple swipe it can turn 90 degrees and 180 degrees. Take advantage of pre-programmed acrobatic moves in FreeFlight 3 to keep everyone entertained.
The agile, ultra-compact drone
Attach removable wheels to your Rolling Spider and get ready to roll it across the floor, up a wall, or across the ceiling. The sky's the limit.
Take a photo
Every 16 milliseconds the vertical camera takes pictures of a set point on the ground. It then compares each photo to the previous one in order to determine Rolling Spider's speed.
- Tactile, highly intuitive driving control thanks to Bluetooth Smart technology and the FreeFlight 3 app
- First quadricopter to fly and roll on the ceiling
- Indoors and outdoors, fly up to 11 mph or 18 km/h with one of the most stable quadricopters of this size
- Flip it a full 360 degrees or use a simple swipe to turn 90 or 180 degrees
- Easy piloting with the free FreeFlight 3 app; offers a control range of up to 65 feet/20 meters (also pilots MiniDrone Jumping Sumo)
- An accelerometer and gyroscope inside the Rolling Spider measure and analyze its every movement
- Automatic pilot mode corrects Rolling Spider's angle and position
- Take photos with the embedded, vertical mini-camera
- Available in three colors (white, blue, red) and comes with a set of 12 stickers for customizing
- Removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to eight minutes of flying time (six minutes with wheels); also compatible with MiniDrone Jumping Sumo
- Freefall take-off
Did you notice?FreeFlight 3 app offers exciting pre-programmed moves.
Apple Recommends ForAmusing you and your friends with this acrobatic robot controlled by your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot MiniDrones Rolling Spider Robot
- Two wheels and one axle
- micro USB charging cable
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Weight: 2.29 oz./65 g
- Mfr. Part Number: PF723002
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410022470
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 months from the initial date of purchase (excluding consumables which are warranted during 6 months from the initial date of purchase) upon presentation of proof of purchase of the retailer (including the date and place of purchase, product serial #).
1 App, 3 Parrot Drones!
Get FreeFlight 3, the free and official control app to pilot the Parrot Drones (Bebop Drone, Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider).
SUPER-INTUITIVE – Piloting Parrot drones have never been easier thanks to the adjustable interface, which is able to adapt to the connected drone. FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro within minutes! Easily control the Parrot drones by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly!
EASY PAIRING - Freeflight 3 App automatically detects the type of Parrot drone you are piloting.
How to connect to Bebop Drone: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Bebop”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Rolling Spider: Switch on the drone, activate the Bluetooth of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Bluetooth and launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Jumping Sumo: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Jumping Sumo”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
ACROBATIC FIGURES – Parrot Bebop drone is a lightweight, yet robust quadricopter, equipped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera. Once on the welcome screen, you will access the following functionalities: Piloting, photos/videos, flight plan, Cloud "Pilot Academy"... You can also complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
Parrot Jumping Sumo is a responsive robot with a personality! It rolls, rushes, zigzags, circles, takes turns at 90° and, in a flash, jumps up to 80cm in height and length! Jumping Sumo offers 3 piloting modes: Auto-Balance, Kicker and Jumper. You can roll and jump anywhere!
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility. It flies indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It rips through the air, flips and thanks to its removable wheels, rolls from floor to ceiling! With Rolling Spider and FreeFlight 3, you can be rapid, agile, perform aerobatics and 90° (and 180°) turns thanks to the “swipe” control feature!
VIDEO & PHOTO – Parrot Bebop Drone photo and video stream is synchronized in real time on your smartphone. Share your best shots instantly on Facebook or Picassa. Showcase your flights on Youtube with the touch of a finger. Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams the video on the screen of the piloting Smartphone or the Tablet. You discover the world at the height of the Jumping Sumo and explore areas that were inaccessible until now. It can also take pictures and videos which are stored on a micro-USB stick (not included) plugged directly into the robot. The vertical camera of Rolling Spider can be used to take snapshots.
DRONE ACADEMY - Connect to Parrot Cloud to share your stats with other pilots. Keep track of all your sessions and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Cloud. Connect to share instantly to YouTube or Facebook. Join Pilot Academy with over 150,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your sessions and acrobatics data.
For an overview on piloting the drones, check out our tutorial videos. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
I bought it as a gift for my brother. But I couldn't help opening it and playing for days. It is really cool, easy to get started I bought it as a gift for my brother. But I couldn't help opening it and playing for days. It is really cool, easy to get started and control. The only flaw is that the battery can only last 2 minutes after each full charge. This is really frustrating. …
- Written by 宇威 仲 from 佳木斯
34 of 40 people found this useful
Rolling Spider Review
I own the Rolling Spider, and I think the minidrone needs a bit more protection, besides the wheel. Personal testing, but I droppe I own the Rolling Spider, and I think the minidrone needs a bit more protection, besides the wheel. Personal testing, but I dropped the drone a few times and the carbon-fiber (according-to-parent) rod that held the wheels together broke in half.
Quite disappointing at this point.
And, the battery can be improved WAY WAY more, the Rolling Spider barely survives at MOST 15 minutes of flight. I was seriously expecting more (but I lost most of my expectations at the sight of the 550 mAh battery)
Besides these little defects, the Rolling Spider is a pretty easy-to-handle drone, thanks to the Android update which fixed the bug of taking pictures with the mini-camera under the drone.
Speaking of which, the camera needs a bit of a fix: sometimes I get yellow pictures, sometimes they're fine.
Looking SO forward to the Bebop Drone, hopefully with fixes for protection, battery and camera (one large feature I'm eager to check out)
Oh and also, quite wished I owned the Jumping Sumo, might've helped me win my battle against mini-drones with my friends by wrecking them with the jump XD …
- Written by Matty G from California
31 of 37 people found this useful
Fun drone for indoor use, reasonably easy to fly.
- Written by Richard L from Eugene
29 of 34 people found this useful
Great first drone experience!
This product was my first experience in piloting a drone. It's a great 1st drone and it's really easy to fly and learn the tricks. This product was my first experience in piloting a drone. It's a great 1st drone and it's really easy to fly and learn the tricks.
The battery life is very short but the major problem is that I'm having problems with one of the motors and sometimes the drone just don't remain stable.
I recommend! …
- Written by Matheus P from Itapecerica da Serra
1 of 1 people found this useful
I'm now a pilot !!
It's 8 minutes of flight totaly worth the hour and half of recharge! My 10 years old daugther just loves it ! I like the option to It's 8 minutes of flight totaly worth the hour and half of recharge! My 10 years old daugther just loves it ! I like the option to take photos while flying. Just to watch the short tutorial and you'll be able to fly this beauty like a boss ! …
- Written by Pierre-Yves W from Saint-Constant
Total waste of money
Purchased this through the Apple Store, worked for about a day then started having battery issues. Full charged it would fly for 1 Purchased this through the Apple Store, worked for about a day then started having battery issues. Full charged it would fly for 10 sec then shut down due to low battery. Contacted Parrot, they replaced my mini-drone with a new one which worked for about a day before developing the same issue. There a lots of good drones on the market , this is not one of them. …
- Written by Gary A C from Chester Springs
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How long does the battery take to fully charge?
- Asked by Yaman K from Auckland
- Aug 3, 2014
- Answered by Jordan M from Mcminnville
- Aug 5, 2014
Can you take pictures with the rolling spider drone?
- Asked by Roger M from Pilgrims Knob
- Aug 10, 2014
Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then dow Yes. It has a small camera on the bottom and the shutter is activated from the app. You can then download them from the internal memory of the drone to your device. …
- Answered by Kyle H from Chino Hills
- Aug 18, 2014
how it works i mean it works with wi-fi or bluetooth
- Asked by Sairam V from Dayton
- Dec 10, 2014
- Answered by Luke M from Pueblo
- Dec 22, 2014
Can you buy an external battery for it?
- Asked by Leah B from Vancouver
- Nov 20, 2014
Yes you can buy one at brookstone or Amazon or some other online store and you can also get a costom Yes you can buy one at brookstone or Amazon or some other online store and you can also get a costom made charger that charges the battery's super quick on Amazon only …
- Answered by Kacper O from Buffalo Grove
- Jan 2, 2015