Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2562
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007124
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I really loved it the first couple months I bought the case.
I got the bluish/green case for my mac book pro 13' and it looked gr I really loved it the first couple months I bought the case.
I got the bluish/green case for my mac book pro 13' and it looked great. But than I started to notice cracks on the bottom sides of the case. I bought the case in late November 2013, and by May 2014 I had to discard the bottom half. The cracks were mainly on both the left and right sides closest to the mouse pad. And they gradually started to grow until they chipped off making it unable to hold in place.
It is most likely because that is where I would grip my laptop when grabbing it of carrying it somewhere. But I think if it's fifty dollars than it should be more durable. …
- Written by Jessica H from Yellowknife
34 of 36 people found this useful
Not the color I expected.
I order the purple and when I received it it was a lot lighter than the photo. I think its closer to a lilac and it does look like I order the purple and when I received it it was a lot lighter than the photo. I think its closer to a lilac and it does look like a chrome lilac when on the laptop. Still very happy with it. …
- Written by Brittany L from WILTON
22 of 26 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
- Feb 25, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015