Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2570
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006981
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Physical Damage to MacBook Pro and easily 'Snapped'
I feel the need to warn other apple buyers against the speck shell case. I have owned 2 for my macbook pro and macbook air. The Pr I feel the need to warn other apple buyers against the speck shell case. I have owned 2 for my macbook pro and macbook air. The Pro was very susceptible to snap at the corners. The first time apple replaced without any problem. It swiftly snapped again in the same corner. However, the main problem is the physical 'scratches' it cause both laptops under the shell! The pro is scratched and indented along the sides of the laptop and the air has small 'dots' across the entire bottom. The shell has actually caused more damage than if it was left off. …
- Written by William H from Tampa
95 of 103 people found this useful
Not very durable
I bought this case when I bought my MacBook Pro and it was easy to install and way too easy to break. It scratches the laptop and I bought this case when I bought my MacBook Pro and it was easy to install and way too easy to break. It scratches the laptop and breaks off very easily. It began cracking the first month I got it. I do not travel very much with my laptop so I was surprised to see it crack and break off so easily. I only move my laptop from my kitchen table to my sock drawer and took it once or twice to my mom's house during xmas. Oh well...now that it has completely broken apart I will look for something better. …
- Written by Marleni G from Cotulla
71 of 74 people found this useful
Difficult to Remove
I bought this case less than a month ago for my Mac, and I found myself needing to clean it. After 30 minutes of struggling, I sti I bought this case less than a month ago for my Mac, and I found myself needing to clean it. After 30 minutes of struggling, I still can't get it off. I do not want to risk damaging my computer, nor do I want to snap the case. Now I'm going to have to consult my local genius bar just to get a friggin case off. Although it has been protecting my computer, there are better alternatives out there that don't require this much frustration. Don't waste your time (or money). …
- Written by Juliette W from Portsmouth
50 of 54 people found this useful
2 stars for the color ..
since I was heading to india for a holiday, I had to buy a case for MBA...the only choice i had was speck since it was in the stor since I was heading to india for a holiday, I had to buy a case for MBA...the only choice i had was speck since it was in the store for pick-up.
I regret the decision.. i should have just used the cover on my personal MBA till i came back while the Tech21 was delivered at home.
in less than 15 days i had a crack on the cover and couple of days ago i found that it had chipped!! after my trip back- the MBA sits in the home office on its stand!!! how it happened i have no clue.. but definitely not a product to put your $ into.. just got the Tech21 case.. and i can already feel it so much better. My other MBA has the moshi cover- that it has been there for over a year now.. except for that one time when it was close to the candle- nothing has happened to the case! …
- Written by Suvasanamayee V from Aldie
1 of 1 people found this useful
This case is a waste of money. I purchased it in the calypso not five months ago and all corners are cracking badly. It's also sli This case is a waste of money. I purchased it in the calypso not five months ago and all corners are cracking badly. It's also slippy so if you're attempting to use your Macbook on your lap or any other cloth surface your computer is going to move around. Definitely not worth the price for such poor quality! …
- Written by Feartatious H from Oceanside
5 of 5 people found this useful
Please do NOT buy
This case is a waste of money please do not consider buying it. I purchased the purple version and it completely disintegrated wit This case is a waste of money please do not consider buying it. I purchased the purple version and it completely disintegrated within the first month of use. At first the corners completely broke off and then the case just would not stay on. It offers no protection and does not last.
I'm actually a bit shocked Apple promotes this product, it is not of their standards at all. …
- Written by Corrianne C from Brampton
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
- Feb 25, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015