Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2570
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006981
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Physical Damage to MacBook Pro and easily 'Snapped'
I feel the need to warn other apple buyers against the speck shell case. I have owned 2 for my macbook pro and macbook air. The Pr I feel the need to warn other apple buyers against the speck shell case. I have owned 2 for my macbook pro and macbook air. The Pro was very susceptible to snap at the corners. The first time apple replaced without any problem. It swiftly snapped again in the same corner. However, the main problem is the physical 'scratches' it cause both laptops under the shell! The pro is scratched and indented along the sides of the laptop and the air has small 'dots' across the entire bottom. The shell has actually caused more damage than if it was left off. …
- Written by William H from Tampa
81 of 89 people found this useful
Not very durable
I bought this case when I bought my MacBook Pro and it was easy to install and way too easy to break. It scratches the laptop and I bought this case when I bought my MacBook Pro and it was easy to install and way too easy to break. It scratches the laptop and breaks off very easily. It began cracking the first month I got it. I do not travel very much with my laptop so I was surprised to see it crack and break off so easily. I only move my laptop from my kitchen table to my sock drawer and took it once or twice to my mom's house during xmas. Oh well...now that it has completely broken apart I will look for something better. …
- Written by Marleni G from Cotulla
58 of 61 people found this useful
Difficult to Remove
I bought this case less than a month ago for my Mac, and I found myself needing to clean it. After 30 minutes of struggling, I sti I bought this case less than a month ago for my Mac, and I found myself needing to clean it. After 30 minutes of struggling, I still can't get it off. I do not want to risk damaging my computer, nor do I want to snap the case. Now I'm going to have to consult my local genius bar just to get a friggin case off. Although it has been protecting my computer, there are better alternatives out there that don't require this much frustration. Don't waste your time (or money). …
- Written by Juliette W from Portsmouth
39 of 42 people found this useful
This case is a waste of money. I purchased it in the calypso not five months ago and all corners are cracking badly. It's also sli This case is a waste of money. I purchased it in the calypso not five months ago and all corners are cracking badly. It's also slippy so if you're attempting to use your Macbook on your lap or any other cloth surface your computer is going to move around. Definitely not worth the price for such poor quality! …
- Written by Feartatious H from Oceanside
Please do NOT buy
This case is a waste of money please do not consider buying it. I purchased the purple version and it completely disintegrated wit This case is a waste of money please do not consider buying it. I purchased the purple version and it completely disintegrated within the first month of use. At first the corners completely broke off and then the case just would not stay on. It offers no protection and does not last.
I'm actually a bit shocked Apple promotes this product, it is not of their standards at all. …
- Written by Corrianne C from Brampton
I like the look of this case and I like the small pressure pods on the bottom to give some shock absorption. What I do not like is I like the look of this case and I like the small pressure pods on the bottom to give some shock absorption. What I do not like is that the tabs that cling onto the laptop are cheaply made; i bumped my mac into something while i was holding it (not hard just soft bump) and the tabs snapped on two corners and cracked. I have only had this for 2 months. The other thing is dust traps between computer and case easily. …
- Written by Natalie F from Lethbridge
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 28, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 8, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013