Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2565
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006936
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I never write reviews, but...
I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be d I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be dented and scratched like my old one. Today made me want to write a review, though. Believe it or not, I just dropped my computer out of a second story window. It fell onto concrete. The concrete had leaves, which probably helped break the fall. I panicked, but guess what. MY LAPTOP IS FINE! There are some expected scratches and dents, but the case didn't even break. I'm not saying you can throw your computer out a window, but this case is worth the money in protection. …
- Written by Lindsay W from Maryville
118 of 142 people found this useful
After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but in black and thought it was really nice, even durable. After literally 4 days after putting the case on, the color started wearing off. The corners were turning... 4 DAYS LATER! It didn't even leave my room! Obviously I took it back, and now all the reviews for cases say this is one of the best cases. Very disappointed and for $49.99, should have better quality. Atleast wait until 30 days after, geesh. …
- Written by Katelyn T from Parkland
92 of 109 people found this useful
This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is very flimsy. The thing is chipping away piece by piece and I just bought it 3 months ago! For this price I expected something a bit sturdier! …
- Written by Michelle F from Hazelwood
100 of 128 people found this useful
I handle my Macbook very gently, but this case still seemed to break. When I decided to put a new case on because of the piece tha I handle my Macbook very gently, but this case still seemed to break. When I decided to put a new case on because of the piece that fell off, the entire top cracked in half. I spent $50 on a case that lasted a little over a week. Definitely money wasted. …
- Written by Amanda H from Sterling Heights
Hard, protective case
I'm not sure why so many of these reviews are negative, but I must say that I am extremely happy I bought this case. The turquoise I'm not sure why so many of these reviews are negative, but I must say that I am extremely happy I bought this case. The turquoise color is beautiful and it almost looks like the actual laptop is this pretty color. I purchased my laptop for college a few months ago and was so scared about scratching/dropping it that I bought this expensive case right out of the apple store. Since then, my MacBook has been lugged around in my backpack from class to class and it's still in perfect condition.
The only drawback to this case is that it scratches pretty easily. I have just been placing it in my backpack with notebooks and folders and there are scratches everywhere already. I know that this is mostly my fault because I should have bought a sleeve or something, but it's still sort of disappointing that it got ruined from simply sitting in my backpack. But overall it does its job well and is a solid case for a MacBook. …
- Written by Allison M from Mt. Prospect
1 of 1 people found this useful
good but pricey
It was easy to install but as far as taking out the top part it was a little bit of a challenged. It was securely in(fits well) pl It was easy to install but as far as taking out the top part it was a little bit of a challenged. It was securely in(fits well) place and it stays there. The only problem I had was when my case for about 2 months old I noticed that one of the rubberized foot came off immediately emailed specks about the problem. Speck emailed me back and they replaced my case right away. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THIER PART. …
- Written by kathleen S from san bernardino
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
Does this case fit a macbook pro from early 2011? model number 700 or 720
- Asked by Haya D from Jacksonville
- Apr 7, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015