Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2560
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006882
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Brittle shells break!
$50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. Af $50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. After six months, the bottom part has cracked and no longer stays on the computer. Total waste of money! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
64 of 72 people found this useful
Pretty but too fragile.
I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who tr I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who treats her possessions with care, and I still couldn't prevent this brittle shell from breaking. …
- Written by Janet C from Battle Creek
55 of 66 people found this useful
I have had this case for almost a year now and have not experienced any problems. Still looks good and it has not cracked.
- Written by Sarah T from Yorba Linda
29 of 42 people found this useful
Pretty but weak
Looks nice and fits well, but cracks/wears very quickly. This shell case cracked within a few months where the lid is lifted. The Looks nice and fits well, but cracks/wears very quickly. This shell case cracked within a few months where the lid is lifted. The small tabs that hold the bottom in place also weakened and broke off soon after purchase, perhaps from the flex from using it on my lap instead of a stable tabletop. Too bad, because I absolutely love the colour (I got turquoise) and the slim profile. …
- Written by Melanie Y from Pickering
2 of 2 people found this useful
CASE ONLY LASTED ME A WEEK!!
I've only had my case on for about a week and its starting to crack where it snaps onto my computer! I barley used my computer! I I've only had my case on for about a week and its starting to crack where it snaps onto my computer! I barley used my computer! I plan on contacting apple.. Nice case, if it was made more durable. …
- Written by Brittany L from WILTON
1 of 1 people found this useful
Simple, elegant design shows off Macbook, however, brake easily. Super easy to install, similar to a cell phone case- clicks on an Simple, elegant design shows off Macbook, however, brake easily. Super easy to install, similar to a cell phone case- clicks on and off. I take care of my possessions and the corners chipped and broke a couple weeks later without any trauma. Super disappointed especially because of the price tag. …
- Written by Christina M from hillsboro
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 2, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 8, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Does it fit the MacBook Pro without the retina display?
- Asked by Denise M from Bellaire
- Jun 11, 2013
Yes, just be sure to select that specific model before purchase.
- Answered by Brandon S from Abbeville
- Jun 12, 2013
i have a macbook, not a macbook pro. does anyone know if they sell cases for them?
- Asked by Siri Y
- Aug 18, 2013
Does the Speck MBP smart shell come with keyboard protection?
- Asked by Natalie V from Marathon
- Aug 5, 2013
It does not. Although we do have keyboard protectors available in store and online.
- Answered by Erica A from San Francisco
- Aug 7, 2014