Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2560
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006882
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Brittle shells break!
$50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. Af $50 for this is a complete waste of money. The "genius" who put it onto my new computer had a difficult time getting it to fit. After six months, the bottom part has cracked and no longer stays on the computer. Total waste of money! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
112 of 136 people found this useful
Pretty but too fragile.
I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who tr I got compliments on the looks of this case, but the first crack appeared within two weeks of purchase. I'm an older adult who treats her possessions with care, and I still couldn't prevent this brittle shell from breaking. …
- Written by Janet C from Battle Creek
105 of 127 people found this useful
I have had this case for almost a year now and have not experienced any problems. Still looks good and it has not cracked.
- Written by Sarah T from Yorba Linda
68 of 90 people found this useful
Cracks too easily
The bottom corner cracked within a couple weeks of use. Within a few months later the bottom won't stay on at all, as the other c The bottom corner cracked within a couple weeks of use. Within a few months later the bottom won't stay on at all, as the other corner began to crack and now an entire strip across the top has fallen off. But maybe due to the fact that it never fit properly to begin with, almost had to force it on and even then it never seemed right despite being the "correct" size. …
- Written by JENNA R from Mountain
Good look, bad quality
It cracks very easily when you are in the move. Unless you want your laptop in a fixed place, this is not the best case.
- Written by BELISA M from Palm Bay
1 of 1 people found this useful
the case broke within 10 days of purchase and blue colour was not as bright as it appeared on apple website
- Written by Jennifer K from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013