Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2559
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709007094
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Smart, No -- Speck, yes
Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case Horrible waste of $52. Am very particular about my computer, very protective of it in every way. This was the only protective case the Apple store had it when I bought my newest MacBook Air. Cracked in many places within three months--despite the care I gave it. Saw a lady in a hotel's breakfast area with the same computer, same case. Hers cracked also despite her protection of the computer.
Bottom line: this is but a speck of protection for any MacBook Air! …
- Written by Chris U from Coopers Mills
179 of 198 people found this useful
A decent case, but not worth the money
The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pai The case is 50 dollars. And I would hope to get something better. The case is difficult to get on at first use, and is also a pain when using it. If my computer is open at more than 90 degrees _| (like that) the lid falls back _/ (like that). I got clear, and it is nice, and it does add a bit of extra weight to the product, but the design is okay, it just bothers me that it always falls all the way back whenever I'm using it …
- Written by Mark R
117 of 130 people found this useful
Better than Others
I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to I had originally gone with a similarly priced Incipio snap-on case from Bestbuy but it wouldn't fit properly and the screen had to be forced past 90 degrees, plus every time I opened my Air the top cover would pop off. I returned it and ordered this one. The initial installation can be tricky, but once installed it is a great product and well worth the price considering the alternative cost the same.
I give it 4 stars for the tough installation, but highly recommend it. …
- Written by John L from Brampton
82 of 99 people found this useful
I purchased this case primarily because I had a similar Speck hardshell case for my MacBook Pro. I've had the Pro version for 3+ y I purchased this case primarily because I had a similar Speck hardshell case for my MacBook Pro. I've had the Pro version for 3+ years without any issues. But the MackBook Air version I purchased cracked along the edge within the first few months. Within less than a year, several of the attachment points have broken off the case, so it no longer stays on my computer and is basically useless. I am very careful with my computer, and from reading the other reviews case cracking seems to be a common issue. Don't waste your money on this product, it does not last! …
- Written by Kerry A from Ajax
Disappointed considering my last Speck case was amazing
I had a Speck cover for my old Macbook, which my husband commandeered and it is still going strong (cover and computer). I figured I had a Speck cover for my old Macbook, which my husband commandeered and it is still going strong (cover and computer). I figured since I was getting a new precious piece of machinery, I should invest in another Speck cover (especially since the last one did it's job so well). When I got this $53 cover, I was surprised at how flimsy it was and that it didn't have the grippy texture my last cover had. I figured since my last cover was legit, this one would somehow do the same job. WRONG...this thing has cracks all over it and I have not dropped it once! I submitted my claim to Speck today, since it has a 1-year warranty. I guess we'll see how that goes, but as of now I feel like this case is a total rip-off! …
- Written by Jennifer S from Austin
Don't waste your money
I bought it about a week ago and it has started cracking. It also doesn't fit well. I am very careful with my mac, I only move it I bought it about a week ago and it has started cracking. It also doesn't fit well. I am very careful with my mac, I only move it from my room to downstairs. I would not waste $50 on a case that starts cracking after a week. I am buying a new case. …
- Written by Carley M from Livley
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 28, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 8, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013