Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9223 hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can rapidly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9223 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9223, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape. There's 3mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for your Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated portable storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9223 mobile drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.6 in./1.5 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.7 cm
- Weight: 8.47 oz./240 g
- Length: 5.1 in./13 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000461
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053009687
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent Hard drive
This drive is just about perfect for me. It's the right size, both externally - small enough to fit into a small pocket of my lapt This drive is just about perfect for me. It's the right size, both externally - small enough to fit into a small pocket of my laptop case and storage-wise. I'm loving the look as well. Probably the best feature, though, is the USB 3 speed - backups are taking a fraction of the time they used to and transferring data is so easy now.. …
- Written by Easton G
70 of 71 people found this useful
Great design and performance
The drive worked right away through USB3, on my Mac, including Time Machine backup, and Eco mode. I love the space, the speed, and The drive worked right away through USB3, on my Mac, including Time Machine backup, and Eco mode. I love the space, the speed, and the looks of this drive. And the 10 GB of cloud storage that comes with it is a great extra that gives me capabilities (like sharing files while I'm on the road) without the additional cost. …
- Written by Teige H
119 of 123 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this drive emit sound in terms of a fan noise? And if so, is noticeable or negligible?
- Asked by Frank A from Germantown
- Dec 17, 2014
It does not emit any sounds, as best I can tell, even with my ear close to the enclosure.
- Answered by Carl I from Pebble Beach
- Dec 17, 2014
Will this work with an early 2011 macbook pro?
- Asked by Tanith H from Melbourne
- Nov 29, 2014
I have a 500MB portable drive plugged in to my Time Capsule USB, which I can access via Finder on my MacBook Pro. Would this be a suitable upgrade?
- Asked by Ben L from Willoughby
- Aug 3, 2014
Can this drive be used in an upright position (on its end), rather than flat? I have limited desk space.
- Asked by Morna W
- Nov 4, 2014
Sure. Just be sure that when positioned, it is secure. You would not want it to fall while operating Sure. Just be sure that when positioned, it is secure. You would not want it to fall while operating.
Some have secured drive with Velcro to back of iMac. I have mine like that on back of a 27" computer monitor, and it has not given me any issue at all. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Nov 9, 2014