The Kitchen Thermometer lets you know exactly when your food is ready right from the app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch through Bluetooth Smart connectivity. Simply tell the iDevices Connected app what you're cooking, leave the probe in the meat while it cooks, and go relax. The Kitchen Thermometer will alert you through the app once your food is cooked to perfection. With it's dual probe capability, you can monitor two temperatures simultaneously.
Unlock the power of your Kitchen Thermometer using the free iDevices Connected app. Set custom or preset temperature alarms, share your creations on Facebook and Twitter, see exclusive recipes and much more.
- Pro-quality cooking thermometer
- 150-foot Bluetooth smart range
- 200-hours battery
- Illuminated display
- Proximity wake-up
- Dual temperature monitoring
- Magnetic mounting
- Preset and custom temperature alarms
- Modern, sophisticated styling
- Exclusive recipes
Did you notice?Dual probes let you monitor two different temperatures simultaneously.
Apple Recommends ForSee that food is cooked to perfection from the convenient app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Kitchen Thermometer
- Two meat probes
- Two probe wraps
- Two colored probe indicators
- Two AA batteries
- Optional magnetic disc
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 2 in./5.08 cm
- Width: 3.25 in./8.25 cm
- Weight: 8.5 oz./241 g
- Length: 3.75 in./9.52 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: IKT0002
- UPC or EAN No.: 852931005018
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year manufacturer's warranty; 30-day probe warranty
Manage all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app using one convenient dashboard. With this central hub, there’s no need for multiple apps, view all of your devices from just one app.
The iDevices Connected app is compatible with iPad 3 (and up), iPad mini, iPhone 4S (and up) or iPod touch 5 (and up).
Products compatible with the iDevices Connected App:
• Original iGrill
• Kitchen Thermometer
• Kitchen Thermometer mini
iDevices Connected App Features:
• Easy in-app connection through Bluetooth® Smart
• Convenient dashboard to track and manage all of your connected products simultaneously
• Select from dozens of presets or create your own custom preset to ensure your dish is cooked perfectly
• Custom settings let you name your device or probe and set the probe color indicator making keeping track of your devices simple
• Set timers to keep track of your cooking tasks
• Share your cooking masterpiece socially through Facebook and Twitter
• View what others are cooking with the real-time user globe
• Be inspired by sample recipes from our leading partners
• User driven app interface allows you to customize your experience
• Access customer support resources
• Shop iDevices products directly from the app
Look who’s talking:
“Overall, it’s great.” - CNET
“You can be inside, having a drink, and not even worrying about it.” - FoxCT
“You could use the thermometer to monitor the temp of what you’re cooking, but the real power is in the paired app.” - The Gadgeteer
“Like really, how awesome is this!?” - The Black Peppercorn
“Whether you’re smoking ribs or grilling a steak - you’ll know instantly when your food is ready to eat.” - Uncrate …
Ratings & Reviews
A good product
The thermometer works well and the hardware is good quality (plastic but not weak). Cables will not melt, base is solid, battery l The thermometer works well and the hardware is good quality (plastic but not weak). Cables will not melt, base is solid, battery life should be long, and cable wrap is handy. I am pleased with the iDevice and would buy it again.
Pros: I have used it for casseroles, roasts, and hamburgers. I have used both a single probe and two probes and both work well. The software is set-up to give the user a choice of dishes and standard temperatures the meat should reach. Using the two probes the app is set-up so that It is easy to distinguish the two dishes and easy to add your own description to the list of dishes and temperatures. I.e. if you have a favorite dish, say a taco casserole that should be heated to 160 degrees, it is easy to store and save. When one of the two dishes is done, the app displays which one on which probe.
Possible con: Be aware that the blue tooth range is 10 to 12 meters, so it will not work too far from the kitchen area. I.e. if your kitchen is in the back and party in the front this will not work if it's much more than 10 meters. But it is great for sitting down and working while the roast bakes. No more getting up to check. And if someone else is in the kitchen, they can still read the base station without using a smart phone.
Con: My one complaint is that the software to set the temperature is not intuitive. The most basic aspect of the software should be intuitive. And it is not in the manual. I had to fiddle around with app for a good 5 minutes before finding the screen where the temperature is set. There are three step to get to it: First hit the circle around the probe number, then hit the "Edit" button, and then the "Preset" button. What "edit" has to do with temperature setting, I don't know. And why "preset" rather than "set". But a change of these buttons would do the trick. The software engineers should ask their Moms. …
- Written by Frances P from Oakland
95 of 97 people found this useful