Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad mini delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple Smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?D3O military-grade material works at the molecular level to absorb the energy of impacts.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your iPad mini in the same pristine condition as the day you bought it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad mini
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.43 in./1 cm
- Width: 5.59 in./14.2 cm
- Weight: 2.47 oz./70 g
- Length: 8.15 in./20.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3885
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517332088
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
good protection in the lightest, slimmest form
This case protects my 16 month old daughters iPad mini. Yes, a 16 month old. I much prefer it to larger bulkier cases which may This case protects my 16 month old daughters iPad mini. Yes, a 16 month old. I much prefer it to larger bulkier cases which may offer a little more protection, but get in the way of using the iPad. The iPad mini has been dropped numerous times, even thrown several times and still no problems. It offers limited screen protection with the slightly raised lip around the edge.
The one thing I do NOT like about the case is that it was made to accommodate the smart cover. The smart cover is a waste of time on my daughters iPad - it is just in the way. To accommodate the smart cover - one edge of the case is mostly missing - and the corresponding corners are somewhat weakened and do not stay on as well as they could. That said - this case will not fall off, it is on fairly securely - but the corners occasionally come loose and have to be snapped back in.
Overall, although there are some minor issues, this case offers excellent protection considering how thin and light it is. Almost like not having a case at all. Highly recommended. …
- Written by David K from Toronto
14 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kristian D from Lincoln Park
- Oct 24, 2014
No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the ca No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the case itself fits well, the hole for the camera is misaligned so that the mesh overlays the actual camera of the iPad Air 2. Great pity! I have to take the case back to the Apple Store today, and hope that an iPad Air 2 case is produced soon, because I absolutely love these cases! …
- Answered by Karen W from Pennington
- Oct 29, 2014
Will iPad 4 fit in an iPad 5 Air case?
- Asked by Brooke C from Cibolo
- Nov 11, 2014
Does this case fit my iPad air?
- Asked by Steve K from Apple Valley
- Jan 13, 2014
This particular model says in the compatibility section above that it fits 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generat This particular model says in the compatibility section above that it fits 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation iPads.
No, it won't fit your iPad Air, but they do have an iPad Air version that are just like these. …
- Answered by Edward M from Paradise
- Jan 21, 2014
Can you charge the iPad without taking the case off?
- Asked by Kelli C from Mount Joy
- Aug 15, 2014