Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad mini delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple Smart Cover for full protection
Did you notice?D3O military-grade material works at the molecular level to absorb the energy of impacts.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your iPad mini in the same pristine condition as the day you bought it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad mini
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.43 in./1 cm
- Width: 5.59 in./14.2 cm
- Weight: 2.47 oz./70 g
- Length: 8.15 in./20.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3882
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517331999
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Light, sturdy and looks good.
The description provided for the product in the specifications is all true. It is a great way to protect your iPad mini and also The description provided for the product in the specifications is all true. It is a great way to protect your iPad mini and also keep the weight and bulk to a minimum. I don't like having a cover over the front since I use mine with the apple bluetooth keyboard mounted on an origami workstation cover. Plus I don't like the Smart Cover. Magnets are not a good way to secure a protective cover to this beautiful device. I also have a protective screen on the front of the ipad. The only drawback to this case is that there is a large portion of one side left unprotected, this is where the Smart Cover magnet would attach. As you're looking at the ipad in portrait mode, it would be the left side. If they made two versions of it, one for the Smart Cover and one without, it would be ideal. That is my only complaint but I will not detract from the rating because of that. It goes on easily and has great tactile grip. …
- Written by JUAN D from NAPLES
7 of 9 people found this useful
No worries, light and protective
I have had this case/cover on my iPad Mini/R, in conjunction with Apple's iPad Mini Smart Cover for 6 weeks now. Yes, the Tech 21 I have had this case/cover on my iPad Mini/R, in conjunction with Apple's iPad Mini Smart Cover for 6 weeks now. Yes, the Tech 21 cover is made to allow the Apple Smart Cover to work properly with it on iPads. This cover is also very light and does not bulk-up the iPad thickness much at all for the protection it gives.
To boil it all down quickly: I don't believe that you can find a better product to protect your iPad, Mini or otherwise (I have one on our iPad Air now also).
This back/sides case has unique built-in corner/sides bumpers and a protective back. It is not hard plastic, but a much more forgiving product.
So far I have dropped my Mini flat on it's back on concrete from about 3-4', and on its edge/corner from 2-3'. No harm, no foul, good design!
I am so impressed by this product that I also purchased a similarly made Tech 21 Case for my Macbook Pro 15/R..
Tech 21 has made the Speck cases and other cases like Speck obsolete. Those cases give no "drop protection", only scratch protection.
I am just a consumer and I have no ties to Tech 21. I am obviously a very favorably impressed user of Tech 21 products./ …
- Written by David T from Westlake
24 of 24 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kristian D from Lincoln Park
- Oct 24, 2014
No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the ca No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the case itself fits well, the hole for the camera is misaligned so that the mesh overlays the actual camera of the iPad Air 2. Great pity! I have to take the case back to the Apple Store today, and hope that an iPad Air 2 case is produced soon, because I absolutely love these cases! …
- Answered by Karen W from Pennington
- Oct 29, 2014
Will iPad 4 fit in an iPad 5 Air case?
- Asked by Brooke C from Cibolo
- Nov 11, 2014
Does this case fit my iPad air?
- Asked by Steve K from Apple Valley
- Jan 13, 2014
No, there is a larger Tech 21 for the Air. It works exactly the same as the Mini Tech 21 and Apple' No, there is a larger Tech 21 for the Air. It works exactly the same as the Mini Tech 21 and Apple's Smart cover will work with it too. …
- Answered by David T from Westlake
- May 18, 2014
Can you charge the iPad without taking the case off?
- Asked by Kelli C from Mount Joy
- Aug 15, 2014
Does this case fit iPad mini retina display?
- Asked by Lisa H from Eastern Passage
- Dec 25, 2013
Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now on the back of the ipad mini retina display will be covered !! …
- Answered by Sujan K from Toride
- Dec 29, 2013