Combining the Jawbone UP24 wristband and the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, the UP system helps you understand your sleep, eating, and movement patterns so you can make better life choices. The UP24 band syncs to the app via Bluetooth wireless so you can see your movement and sleep details. The app also provides insights, celebrates milestones, and challenges you to do more each day.
Small and comfortable to wear all day and night, UP24 tracks hours slept, time to fall asleep, how many times you woke up, and more. Analyze your sleep patterns to understand what you can do to have a more restful night. And start each day right with the Smart Alarm, which gently wakes you up at the perfect moment in your sleep cycle.
Know how active you are
Get a full record of your day's activity—steps, distance, calories burned, and time spent active versus idle. See how every action contributes to reaching your goals. In-the-moment reminders help keep you moving to meet daily goals
Log your food and drink
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery, or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. The UP app keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber, and sodium.
For even more fun, create a team of friends and follow each other's progress, cheer each other on, or compete.
Gain insight into yourself
The UP app simply and beautifully visualizes your data so you can quickly understand what it means. You also get personalized insights and clear, easy-to-follow tips that help you reach your goals.
Today I Will
The UP Insight Engine suggests goals one day at a time based on your unique patterns. These Today I Will insights challenge you to step farther, stay hydrated, and sleep better, for a sense of daily accomplishment.
See how your daily wins add up over time and share them with friends. The UP app celebrates your meaningful milestones such as your millionth step taken or hitting your sleep goal seven days in row.
Your UP. Your apps.
The UP system integrates with the apps you already love. Whether you're biking with Strava, working out with Wello, or jogging with RunKeeper, you can track it all with UP for the most complete picture of your day and night. The UP ecosystem offers plenty of apps for fitness, weight loss, sleep coaching, detailed food journaling, and more.
How to pick your size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross. Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you. Small = 5.5 to 6 inches/14 to 15.5 cm; Medium = 6 to 7 inches/15.5 to 18 cm; Large = 7 to 8 inches/18 to 20 cm.
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless syncing for in-the-moment notifications and personalized insights to keep you focused on goals
- Track Sleep including total hours, time to fall asleep, number of wake ups
- Track Activity including steps, distance, calories burned, active versus idle time
- Log what you eat and drink and track nutritional info by taking a photo, scanning a barcode, or searching the UP app database
- Smart Alarm and Power Nap features wake you at the time that leaves you feeling refreshed
- Customizable Idle Alerts remind you to move
- Free UP app downloadable from the App Store in iTunes
- Designed to be worn 24/7; up to seven days of battery life
Did you notice?The UP app provides daily personalized insights and easy-to-follow tips that help you achieve your goals.
Apple Recommends ForKeep track of your sleep, eating, and movement patterns 24 hours a day via the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- UP24 by Jawbone Wristband
- Quick start guide
- Charging cable (2.5mm to USB)
- Form Factor: Armband
- Material: Rubber
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to seven days
- Charge Time: Approximately 80 minutes; charged via USB charging cable
- Height: 1.97 in./5 cm (Small); 2.13 in./5.4 cm (Medium); 2.2 in./5.6 cm (Large)
- Width: 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Small); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Medium); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Large)
- Weight: 0.67 oz./19 g (Small); 0.78 oz./22 g (Medium); 0.81 oz./23 g (Large)
- Length: 2.6 in./6.6 cm (Small); 3 in./7.6 cm (Medium); 3.2 in./8.1 cm (Large)
- Mfr. Part Number: JL01-52S-A
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912013861
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited manufacturer's warranty
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM
UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep in the background while the app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Get insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
* Activity alerts - Receive move notifications that are relevant. Customize based on how many steps you take and time of day. Available to UP24 users only.
* Share your summary pages to Facebook & Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so, at a glance, you can understand the meaning behind your data. UP also delivers personalized insights and clear, actionable tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set multiple Smart Alarms to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you’ve been sitting too long.
A DEEPER LOOK AT SLEEP
See details about your sleep such as hours slept, time to fall asleep, and how many times you woke up. Over time, discover patterns that can affect how you feel.
KNOW HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE
Capture a complete record of your day's activity - Steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active vs. idle. See how everything from going for a run to walking the dog contributes to reaching your goals.
LOG YOUR FOOD & DRINK
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. UP keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber and sodium.
YOUR UP. YOUR APPS.
Complement your UP experience and connect to your favorite apps, or discover new ones, within UP.
Track your weight, map your bike rides, access extensive food libraries and more with apps like IFTTT, Strava and Wello, and that data will be seamlessly integrated into your UP feed, lifeline and trends. You can also view detailed UP sleep, movement, food and mood data within selected apps to make those experiences even better.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L) …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Bad hardware. Do not buy this product
My UP24 died completely after using for 7 weeks. Hardware failure.
Do not buy this product.
- Written by Mateus R from Santiago
Do not buy this product
I give it negative five stars. This product suffers from serious quality issues and the battery will die in a short period of time I give it negative five stars. This product suffers from serious quality issues and the battery will die in a short period of time. Apple will not give you your money back because it is not their product and Jawbone will keep sending you new UP bands and will never give you your money back for what amounts to a defective product. Don't be drawn in by the cool functionality - it simply does not work. …
- Written by Jae W from Milwaukee
6 of 6 people found this useful
I purchased the Jawbone UP24 in early December. It lasted for a total of 10 days before it just stopped working. It wouldn't take I purchased the Jawbone UP24 in early December. It lasted for a total of 10 days before it just stopped working. It wouldn't take a charge or anything... just completely dead. I took it back and got another one which then lasted for another 10 or so days and it died as well! I went through 2 of them in less than a month :( I went back and got the fitbit flex. It does the same and costs $50 less. It is also water resistant and can be worn in the shower unlike the Jawbone. Very disappointed in the UP24 …
- Written by Daniel P from Reno
29 of 35 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I wear UP24 during a shower?
- Asked by Lin C from Anchorage
- Apr 1, 2014
You definitely can. I shower with mine on daily with no problems. You just can't stay submerged in w You definitely can. I shower with mine on daily with no problems. You just can't stay submerged in water with it I think. …
- Answered by Janelle S from Regina
- Apr 4, 2014
Does it have a digital readout on the bracelet
- Asked by Leslie R from Hatfield
- Feb 25, 2014
The only readout on the bracelet are the sun & moon icons to indicate activities & sleep settings on The only readout on the bracelet are the sun & moon icons to indicate activities & sleep settings on the bracelet. The app tells you all the details about your activities & sleep. …
- Answered by Janelle S from Regina
- Feb 27, 2014
What's better the up or the up24
- Asked by Nour E from Dubai
- Dec 28, 2013
The largest difference between the two is the UP24 has wireless sync with your phone over Bluetooth The largest difference between the two is the UP24 has wireless sync with your phone over Bluetooth (BLE). With the original UP, you have to plug it into your phone's headphone jack to sync. The original UP also experienced some quality issues, but not really more than competitor devices. Really just a question of how you want to use it... …
- Answered by Alan S from Gilbert
- Jan 9, 2014
I swim laps a lot. Is it waterproof?
- Asked by David S from Prospect
- Nov 26, 2013
It's on jawbone.com
IS IT WATER RESISTANT? CAN I WEAR IT SWIMMING?
Your band is rain, splash, sw It's on jawbone.com
IS IT WATER RESISTANT? CAN I WEAR IT SWIMMING?
Your band is rain, splash, sweat, and shower-resistant, but you should remove your band before swimming, surfing, or exposing to other extreme conditions and activities like saunas and steam rooms. Do not submerge your band in liquids, including hot tubs or baths, at any time. …
- Answered by Adam P
- Dec 1, 2013
is it compatible with iphone 4?
- Asked by Aleksandra G
- Jan 17, 2014
The UP24 is not compatible with an iPhone 4 but is compatible with an iPhone 4S.
- Answered by Janelle G from Regina
- Jan 18, 2014