The Boostcase Hybrid Power Case for iPhone 5 and 5s is an ingenious two-piece design that includes a stylishly ultra-thin snap case with a battery sleeve that you can attach in a single click. So you can conveniently add up to 150% more battery life when you need it and remove it when you don't.
- Stylish, slim-fitting snap case provides everyday protection
- Rechargeable battery sleeve easily attaches/detaches from the snap case using a patented locking system
- Switch between standby and charging with a multi-purpose play button
- LED lights (Green, Orange, Red) show remaining battery level
- Simultaneously charge your iPhone 5 and Hybrid Battery
- Both case and battery sleeve are made from a durable hardshell material
Did you notice?The two-piece design gives you the flexibility to add power whenever you need it and remove it when you don’t.
Apple Recommends ForMore than double the battery life of your iPhone, while still maintaining its light weight and slim profile.
What's in the Box?
- Boostcase protective snap case
- Boostcase extended battery sleeve
- Micro-USB cable
- User manual
- Form Factor: Battery Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.7 in./1.78 cm (with battery); 0.38 in./0.97 cm (without battery)
- Width: 2.4 in./6.1 cm
- Weight: 3.4 oz./96.4 g (with battery); 0.6 oz./17 g (without battery)
- Length: 5.4 in./13.7 cm (with battery); 5 in./12.7 cm (without battery)
- Mfr. Part Number: BCH2200IP5-GLD
- UPC or EAN No.: 849420000319
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.boostcase.com/store/contact-us/warranty/)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The 2 parts case is a nice never seen before idea.
The nice part about this case that the battery comes off and still leaves a case on the phone, the bad part is that with the batte The nice part about this case that the battery comes off and still leaves a case on the phone, the bad part is that with the battery is thicker then other good booster cases but it does what it says and gives you %150 extra charge on the iPhone 5 and about %100 extra battery charge on the 5S.
There is an On/Off button all you have to do is keep pressing the play button till the phone starts charging and if you press it long enough again it stops charging, just like any other booster case. …
- Written by Oded O from Ramat-Gan
66 of 72 people found this useful
I like it
I looked at both the Mophie battery pack and the Boostcase – decided on the Boostcase because it comes with an iPhone 5s case desi I looked at both the Mophie battery pack and the Boostcase – decided on the Boostcase because it comes with an iPhone 5s case designed to connect the phone to the battery (with the Mophie you would have to remove any iPhone case every time you wanted to mount the battery to the phone). I’ve used this Boostcase (2200 mAh battery) two months now for heavy iPhone GPS use and screen-on time, and it still has battery capacity to spare at the end of the day. A light on the back flashes when charging and steady light when charged. The battery pack is coated with a rubbery material that improves grip. My only criticism of the Boostcase is that the iPhone case they supply has a smooth plastic finish – I would prefer a rougher plastic or a rubbery coating to make the phone with just the case (and no battery) more secure in my hand - hence 4 stars. …
- Written by Anthony D from VANCOUVER
56 of 59 people found this useful
better headphone hole
Well for starters the battery is not going to give you what it claims. Having the option to still have a slim case when not using Well for starters the battery is not going to give you what it claims. Having the option to still have a slim case when not using the extra battery is great. But when the extra battery is mounted on, some headphones will need a jack. Yes you can use an extension, but when on the go it makes it very inconvenient. Also don't lose the extension portion or it'll cost you. As for the power cable why not make it an iPhone Cable.....do I really need to keep track of another power cable. …
- Written by Jesus C from Las Vegas
56 of 70 people found this useful
Nice finish but it's far from 150%
Loved the idea of a permanent case, the finish is very good and nice touch!
I would give 5 star if delivered the 150% promised or Loved the idea of a permanent case, the finish is very good and nice touch!
I would give 5 star if delivered the 150% promised or at least 130...140...
But it's closer to 80-90% on my iPhone 5s. …
- Written by Cesar M from Valinhos
Don't take this out in the sun...
I loved the case for the first few weeks that I had it. The slim case was great for when I didn't need a battery, and then the bat I loved the case for the first few weeks that I had it. The slim case was great for when I didn't need a battery, and then the battery delivered all the promises on the packaging.
Then I took it to the beach. I was using my phone to listen to music and had it in my bag so I wouldn't get the classic "too hot!" message. As soon as I got back from the beach I went to use it and noticed that the outside layer of the case was peeling around the edges. Some was actually peeling off and was all over my hands. Really disappointing.
Bottom line: Great phone case, but don't take out into the heat. I'm guessing I may need to take it off for the rest of the summer if it's just going to ruin the case. …
- Written by Megan G from Hoboken
1 of 2 people found this useful
Really Nice Case!
I'm not certain where some of the people that have reviewed this case are getting their info from. Once reviewer talked about the I'm not certain where some of the people that have reviewed this case are getting their info from. Once reviewer talked about the charging cord being different from any other one you might have. The Boost Case uses a standard micro USB to charge the case....it is universal, you can use it to charge the case, a camera, and anything else that uses a micro usb. So any other micro usb cord you have around will work as an extra cord when you travel or to keep at work. The charging case itself is very practical and although it adds some bulk, it's not terrible. I typically keep mine on all the time, but you do have the option to remove the battery and keep the slim case on which is nice. I will agree that I wish it had the option to sync when you plug into iTunes, but it's easy enough to remove the battery from the slim case and just plug the phone into your computer and sync it like you normally would. Inconvenient, but again, not terrible. Also, the packaging says you'll get up to 150%, but realistically, it's about 100% charge for the 2200 mhz and probably 70-80% for the 1500 mhz which is on par with the Mophie Air and Juice pack cases. I like the variety of colors offered by the boost case and like the feel of Boost over the Mophie cases. They are not as bulky. I have the plain black and white, which is a nice combo and the black battery is matte so it's not slippery and has a good feel and grip. I haven't experienced issues on my unit, but I felt I had to clarify some reviews with information that was not accurate with regard to the charging cords (USB)...etc. …
- Written by Maribel R from Ocala
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it protect the front of phone?
- Asked by Mary R from Yantis
- May 3, 2014
It's not like an otterbox or lifeproof you will need a screen saver
- Answered by Jennifer T from San Antonio
- Jul 4, 2014
Does this case work with the 5S?
- Asked by Robert C from Dalton
- Nov 4, 2013
- Answered by Parker T from Stansbury Park
- Nov 10, 2013