The Boostcase Hybrid Power Case for iPhone 5 and 5s is an ingenious two-piece design that includes a stylishly ultra-thin snap case with a battery sleeve that you can attach in a single click. So you can conveniently add up to 150% more battery life when you need it and remove it when you don't.
- Stylish, slim-fitting snap case provides everyday protection
- Rechargeable battery sleeve easily attaches/detaches from the snap case using a patented locking system
- Switch between standby and charging with a multi-purpose play button
- LED lights (Green, Orange, Red) show remaining battery level
- Simultaneously charge your iPhone 5 and Hybrid Battery
- Both case and battery sleeve are made from a durable hardshell material
Did you notice?The two-piece design gives you the flexibility to add power whenever you need it and remove it when you don’t.
Apple Recommends ForMore than double the battery life of your iPhone, while still maintaining its light weight and slim profile.
What's in the Box?
- Boostcase protective snap case
- Boostcase extended battery sleeve
- Micro-USB cable
- User manual
- Form Factor: Battery Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.7 in./1.78 cm (with battery); 0.38 in./0.97 cm (without battery)
- Width: 2.4 in./6.1 cm
- Weight: 3.4 oz./96.4 g (with battery); 0.6 oz./17 g (without battery)
- Length: 5.4 in./13.7 cm (with battery); 5 in./12.7 cm (without battery)
- Mfr. Part Number: BCH2200IP5-GLD
- UPC or EAN No.: 849420000319
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.boostcase.com/store/contact-us/warranty/)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The 2 parts case is a nice never seen before idea.
The nice part about this case that the battery comes off and still leaves a case on the phone, the bad part is that with the batte The nice part about this case that the battery comes off and still leaves a case on the phone, the bad part is that with the battery is thicker then other good booster cases but it does what it says and gives you %150 extra charge on the iPhone 5 and about %100 extra battery charge on the 5S.
There is an On/Off button all you have to do is keep pressing the play button till the phone starts charging and if you press it long enough again it stops charging, just like any other booster case. …
- Written by Oded O from Ramat-Gan
90 of 100 people found this useful
I like it
I looked at both the Mophie battery pack and the Boostcase – decided on the Boostcase because it comes with an iPhone 5s case desi I looked at both the Mophie battery pack and the Boostcase – decided on the Boostcase because it comes with an iPhone 5s case designed to connect the phone to the battery (with the Mophie you would have to remove any iPhone case every time you wanted to mount the battery to the phone). I’ve used this Boostcase (2200 mAh battery) two months now for heavy iPhone GPS use and screen-on time, and it still has battery capacity to spare at the end of the day. A light on the back flashes when charging and steady light when charged. The battery pack is coated with a rubbery material that improves grip. My only criticism of the Boostcase is that the iPhone case they supply has a smooth plastic finish – I would prefer a rougher plastic or a rubbery coating to make the phone with just the case (and no battery) more secure in my hand - hence 4 stars. …
- Written by Anthony D from VANCOUVER
75 of 81 people found this useful
better headphone hole
Well for starters the battery is not going to give you what it claims. Having the option to still have a slim case when not using Well for starters the battery is not going to give you what it claims. Having the option to still have a slim case when not using the extra battery is great. But when the extra battery is mounted on, some headphones will need a jack. Yes you can use an extension, but when on the go it makes it very inconvenient. Also don't lose the extension portion or it'll cost you. As for the power cable why not make it an iPhone Cable.....do I really need to keep track of another power cable. …
- Written by Jesus C from Las Vegas
90 of 113 people found this useful
Bad charging port
Product itself works fine. The problem appears to be in the charging port. After about 3 months of use it stopped charging. Micro Product itself works fine. The problem appears to be in the charging port. After about 3 months of use it stopped charging. Micro USB connector seems loose. Same thing happened with the replacement. …
- Written by Robert M from CALGARY
1 of 2 people found this useful
Did not last
I liked it when I bought it but the port for the charge broke after about 3 months. Very disappointing! I noticed others have sa I liked it when I bought it but the port for the charge broke after about 3 months. Very disappointing! I noticed others have same problem and so I would not recommend. I have called the manufacturer will right an updated review if they come through. …
- Written by Lindsay K from CASTLE ROCK
1 of 2 people found this useful
good case but not for long..
i was in love with the blue color and slim look with first sight of the case. it felt nice on and fit very well. the charging didn i was in love with the blue color and slim look with first sight of the case. it felt nice on and fit very well. the charging didn't hold up to expectation, though. i guess you have to charge the charger for a certain amount of time to keep the battery full longer. i noticed i shared the same experience with another reviewer, after about a month or so of owning the case the charge port for the back connection piece broke.. i don't recall doing anything to it to break it, but it would not charge or light up. i was really disappointed considering the price of the case and how long it lasted. I dont think it could be fixed, but preventing it from breaking will benefit future buyers. Overall product was okay, but not worth $100. If this is happening to others' cases too, i would not reccomend. …
- Written by Aya B from portland
0 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I bought a boostcase for iphone 5s. Do you have to turn it off everytime after charging? Or you just leave it charging until the battery pack drains?
- Asked by Mark N from Cebu
- Apr 4, 2015
To conserve the lifetime of your iPhone battery and your boostcase it would be more beneficial to tu To conserve the lifetime of your iPhone battery and your boostcase it would be more beneficial to turn the battery of the charger off when your phone reaches a full charge, then proceed to use the iphones battery until it needs a recharge. I wouldn't bother removing the case;) -Masedawggg …
- Answered by Mason E from Salt Lake City
- Apr 6, 2015
Is the charger charging when the green light or is it the red light on?
- Asked by Nancy K from Melville
- Jan 11, 2014
red light on when charging
- Answered by Marjaneh M from Laguna Niguel
- Oct 7, 2014
Does it offer protection against mishaps - such as falling?
- Asked by Karen N from Oakton
- Feb 27, 2014
Each "fall" is different. I accidently missed my shirt pocket once, and the iPhone fell onto concr Each "fall" is different. I accidently missed my shirt pocket once, and the iPhone fell onto concrete at a height of over 5 feet. I fully expected to see a cracked screen when I picked it up. To my surprise, absolutely no damage to my iPhone. There was, however, a small dent in the plastic snap case where it had impacted the concrete. Other than the impact dent, there was no other damage to the snap case, battery pack or iPhone, and both still work perfectly fine. …
- Answered by Walter P from Porterville
- Apr 5, 2015
Can I sync the iphone to iTunes via the USB charge port of the case?
- Asked by Simon D from Toronto
- Nov 5, 2013
I've tried this on my mac, and the answer appears to be 'no'.
I plug it into the usb port and my iP I've tried this on my mac, and the answer appears to be 'no'.
I plug it into the usb port and my iPhone & boostcase begin to charge, but nothing comes up in itunes. …
- Answered by Yuri P
- Jan 6, 2014
Does the headphone plug need to be super slim to plug through the case hole into the iPhone5S or does it plug into a plughole on the case?
- Asked by Andrew L from Addlestone
- Feb 5, 2014
Headphone plug fits through a hole in the case to plug into your iPhone. The plug for the earbuds th Headphone plug fits through a hole in the case to plug into your iPhone. The plug for the earbuds that are supplied with the iPhone 5s fits through the hole. …
- Answered by Anthony D from Vancouver
- Feb 22, 2014