Parrot, along with world-renowned French designer Phillipe Starck, have collaborated once again to create Zik wireless headphones. Integrating touch control, advanced technology, and sleek design, they deliver superb sound and comfort.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
Four active microphones (two internal and two external) make this patented Parrot technology one of the best in its class in ANC. It provides up to 98% reduction, eliminating nearly all external sound.
An ultra-intuitive touch sensitive panel located on the right ear cup gives you easy control. When you're listening via Bluetooth, simply swipe up and down to increase and decrease volume, and forward and back to conveniently skip tracks. Also, a head-detection sensor automatically senses when you're wearing the headphones and when you're not. When you put the headphones around your neck, the music pauses and your call is switched directly to your mobile device. When you put the headphones back on, your music resumes.
Unique listening quality
When using a standard headset, your right or left ear can only hear music coming from the right or left side of the headset. To recreate true-to-life sound, Parrot has developed a unique specialization sound called the “Parrot Concert Hall” effect. So instead of hearing the music from the side, you feel as though the sound is coming from directly in front as if you were listening to a live concert.
Free yourself from wires
Listen to music or make crystal-clear calls seamlessly and wirelessly via Bluetooth. Choose to control your calls and music directly from your device manually or via voice recognition, earphone touch panel, or from Parrot's free Audio Suite App on an iPhone. Bluetooth streaming is available with all Bluetooth-compatible devices.
Parrot hands-free calling
Originally designed for Parrot car systems, hands-free calling is now part of Zik. It's specifically engineered for crystal-clear conversation. Equipped with two directional microphones and a Jawbone Conductor, the Zik captures the vibration of the jawbone and merges it with the sound of your voice for reliable calls. Thanks to the embedded head detection sensor, if you receive a phone call while listening to your music, you can remove your headphones and your call will be automatically be switched to your smartphone.
Free exclusive downloadable app
The Parrot Audio Suite is a free app you can download from the App Store for your iPhone. It lets you control all of your music wirelessly. For instance, you can adjust your audio settings to explore your favorite customized sound and simulate a virtual music scene creating your desired sound depth. The app also notifies you whenever there's a new software version so you can download it instantly.
- Active noise cancellation
- Innovative touch-sensitive control
- Head-detection sensor seamlessly plays music when headphones are over your ear or pauses it when they're around your neck
- Unique specialized sound through “Parrot Concert Hall Effect”
- Completely wireless, supports Bluetooth audio streaming
- Parrot hands-free calling expertise
- Exclusive downloadable free app to control your music wirelessly
- Rechargeable, removable Li-ion battery
Did you notice?Unique "Parrot Concert Hall" effect recreates true-to-life sound, so you feel as if you're at a live performance.
Apple Recommends ForHear all your music and calls wirelessly with superb audio.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot Zik by Starck wireless headphone
- 3.5 mm mini jack cable, designed by Starck
- Micro USB cable for charging and updating
- Lined pouch to protect Zik
- Quickstart guide in eight languages
- Li-lon battery 800mAh
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- THD: <0.1% at 1khz, 90 dBspl
- Other Features: Wireless
- Form Factor: Over Ear
- Cable Length: 51.18 in./130 cm
- Connections: Bluetooth
- No. of Microphones: 4
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Mfr. Part Number: PF560101
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410017919
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Parrot Audio Suite
The Parrot Audio Suite app lets you simultaneously configure the settings for the Zik headphones and the Zikmu Solo speaker designed by Starck.
Through a simple and intuitive user interface, you can easily:
-Use preset equalizers or manually adjust the audio frequency
-Adjust the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to the audio input sources
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to its position and the dimensions of the room
-Connect simply and with full functionality using Wi-Fi
-Browse through local networks to share and send music to the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Keep your Zikmu Solo speaker updated with the latest firmware version
The Parrot Audio Suite application allows to adjust the settings of your Parrot Zik wireless Headphones.
- Configure the Parrot Concert Hall Effect, to enhance your listening experience,
- Use a predefined equalizer or set your custom settings,
- Activate or deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation
- Check the battery level of your Zik
- Keep your Zik updated with the latest software release
- Get your Zik experience started with the embedded tutorial …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Clean & simple. Great sound. Neat features. Bluetooth works great. Totally worth the money. Very comfortable.
Only downside is Clean & simple. Great sound. Neat features. Bluetooth works great. Totally worth the money. Very comfortable.
Only downside is the fabric bag provided for storage doesn't protect headphones much at all. For the price paid it should have a hardshell case. …
- Written by Jeffrey T from Bolton Landing
31 of 34 people found this useful
Side by side comparison
I was fortunate to have extended access to a pair of Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphones, Bowers & Wilkins P7, Parrot Zik Wireless and I was fortunate to have extended access to a pair of Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphones, Bowers & Wilkins P7, Parrot Zik Wireless and Sennheiser Momentum Headphones for a couple of days.
I spent quite a bit of time doing a head to head comparison between all four headphones. Now I know that sound preferences is something that is very subjective from one person to a person, but for me it came down to me choosing the Parrot Zik Wireless Headphones. Here are my reasons:
1. Wireless. The sound was equally impressive for these headphones given they were bluetooth wireless and the other 3 were wired.
2. I'm sorry, but I just did not like the sound of the beats. Bass heavy and they did not sound as full and round.
3. I love the Bowers & Wilkins...I owned a pair of P5's for a number of years. These would have been my second choice...and in fact it was a difficult decision...but again the sound being almost equal, I thought the wireless ability of the Parrot Zik tipped the scales.
4. The Sennheiser Momentum Headphones were not bad...but for the price I do not think their overall sound was on par with the Parrot Zik and Bowers & Wilkins P7. They were better at the mids and highs than the Beats, but not as good in the bass.
5. For about the same price as the other headphones, the included iPhone app for the Parrot Zik was a REALLY nice benefit...and since I was primarily looking to use these with my iPhone and iPad, that was a HUGE plus over the other headphone...I could REALLY tweak the sound of the Parrot Zik.
6. The touch controls on the Parrot Zik are quite impressive...again all prices being about equal this was a benefit the other headphones could not offer.
If I was going to be primarily using the headphones with a computer of stereo system, I would have went with the Bowers & Wilkins P7...they might have the edge in sound over the Parrot Zik if you don't have access to the Parrot Zik iOS application for fine tuning the sound.
I was VERY disappointed in the carrying case that came with the Parrot Zik...quite shameful for the price...and none of the others headphones in my comparison faired much better though. However, Parrot does sell a separate case (Parrot Hard Case for Zik Headphones) which is quite impressive, and does the headphones justice.
All the extra functionality of the Parrot Zik Wireless Headphones comes at the price of weight...these headphones are considerably heavier than the other 3. If you are planning on wearing these hours and hours on end, you might want to consider the others (again I liked the Bowers & Wilkins P7 for overall comfort).
Lastly, since the Parrot is bluetooth wireless...that means a battery. If you need headphones that you don't want to have to bother recharging...then the Parrot might not be for you. As for myself, I just purchased a spare battery that I keep in the optional case.
Hopefully this review will be helpful to others. …
- Written by Larry R from Lehi
11 of 11 people found this useful
I have been using many different headphones, Beats (executive, noise canceling, on-ear, bluetooth) , B&O, Bose (QC3 and QC15), S I have been using many different headphones, Beats (executive, noise canceling, on-ear, bluetooth) , B&O, Bose (QC3 and QC15), Sennheiser (HD800, PXC450) and Sony and thus far these have to be the best and most innovative headphones I have ever purchased. When I first got these I didn't really like the sound produced until I downloaded the app, then it was the best sounding phones hands down. What I really like about these headphones is you can control what type of environment that the sound is coming from such as, concert, jazz club and even living room.
I showed these headphones to others I worked with and now they are also looking at purchasing them for their own use. I haven't had any problems and they aren't cheaply constructed but they do weigh a bit more than the other headphones but you can get used to the weight.
Overall I would rate them 9 out of 10 because the battery goes down real fast. But I still truly enjoy the sound and control capability of the device. …
- Written by James E from FPO
11 of 11 people found this useful
Excellent Sound, Great Build Quality
First and foremost - these headphones sound great! The clear highs, and strong lows are incredible. Also, the ability to tune the First and foremost - these headphones sound great! The clear highs, and strong lows are incredible. Also, the ability to tune the EQ via the Parrot App is awesome, and lets you tailor the sound to your tastes. I really liked the "Tuned by Lou Reed" settings as well. Also, I found the Active Noise Cancellation worked really well in my environment. It isolates the listening experience and helps to totally immerse you.
Build quality on the set is great. Metal prevails everywhere it should for both beauty and strength. I think the Zik's will last a really long time. Also, pairing was a breeze and I was up and listening right after charging them up for the first time.
Overall, I'd recommend these headphones without reservation. I've had a bunch of different noise cancelling sets, but nothing has come close to the sound and quality level of the Zik headphones. …
- Written by Trent S from Port Coquitlam
Truly the Best !
Truly impressed with the quality of sounds and the stability of the bluetooth connectivity. Highly recommend!
- Written by Marc B from Los Angeles
The sound quality is amazing and built quality is excellent. Touch controls are easy to use. The IOS app is really good, makes c The sound quality is amazing and built quality is excellent. Touch controls are easy to use. The IOS app is really good, makes customizing really easy and simple. I really enjoy them. They are the best Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones I have tried ! …
- Written by Hiten G from Mississauga
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it possible to keep listening to music in wired mode once the battery has gone flat?
- Asked by Thomas G from Keysborough
- Jul 26, 2014
Yes it is, however the sound quality is far better in the powered mode.
- Answered by Matt S from Point Clare
- Aug 4, 2014
Can you charge the Parrot Zik wireless headphones using the supplied usb-micro usb cable and an iphone or ipad charging block ?
- Asked by Russell T from Winnipeg
- Dec 13, 2013
Yes, the Parrot Zik don't even come with a charger block.
- Answered by Martin B from Gloucester
- Dec 20, 2013
is hard case for headphone included in the box ?
- Asked by Naqi R
- Jun 4, 2014
No, the hard case is not included in the box. You receive a drawstring bag with the headphones them No, the hard case is not included in the box. You receive a drawstring bag with the headphones themselves. You must purchase the hard case separately, which I did and it is well worth the price. …
- Answered by William H from Oakland
- Jul 2, 2014
can the Parrot Zik be used with an airplane adaptor?
- Asked by Graham C from Parap
- Apr 24, 2014
Yes, the Parrot Zik can connect to the Airplane's on-board entertainment system with the included ca Yes, the Parrot Zik can connect to the Airplane's on-board entertainment system with the included cable and a separate Airline Adaptor.
However, it is not recommended as special features like Touch Controls, 'Parrot Concert Hall' Effect and EQ bands will be deactivated while in wired mode. …
- Answered by Eddie C from Brisbane
- Jul 10, 2014
What do the headphones weigh?
- Asked by Erik O from Floreat, Perth
- Jan 31, 2014
The Zik's weigh 325 grams or 11.464 ounces.
- Answered by Arman M from Fairfax
- Feb 22, 2014