Designed exclusively for Apple, Timbuk2's Spire backpack wraps your MacBook Pro and iPad in plenty of waterproof protection thanks to its TPU and canvas fabric construction. You also get expandable volume via the flap or roll top main opening and easy access to your iPhone, MacBook, or iPad. Plus, Timbuk2's lifetime guarantee means Spire has your back for years to come.
- Fully padded internal sleeve fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro and iPad separately
- TSA-friendly MacBook access through zipper on the back panel
- Waterproof TPU and canvas fabric with custom aluminum hardware
- Roll-top construction for expandable carrying capacity
- Secure external iPhone 5 pocket
- Large exterior cargo pocket with additional internal pockets
- Military inspired external webbing daisy chain allows you to carry your bike U-lock, jacket, and more
- Internal organizer for pens, cables, and other small stuff
- Contoured shoulder straps and vented back panel for carrying comfort
- Designed by Timbuk2 exclusively for Apple
Did you notice?Quickly access your MacBook, iPad, or the entire bag through a concealed zipper on the back.
Apple Recommends ForEasily carry your MacBook Pro and iPad on your way to class, to work, or anywhere else.
What's in the Box?
- Timbuk2 15" Spire Backpack for MacBook Pro
- Form Factor: Backpack
- Material: Canvas, Fabric
- Height: 18 in./47.5 cm
- Width: 5 in./13 cm
- Weight: 1.92 lb./1.07 kg
- Length: 12 in./31.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 306-3-2001
- UPC or EAN No.: 631364520998
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Lifetime
Ratings & Reviews
This bag is a true beauty
The first day I used this pack, there was this crazy icy slushy snowy rainy storm, and the Inspire stood up to the elements like a The first day I used this pack, there was this crazy icy slushy snowy rainy storm, and the Inspire stood up to the elements like a champ. This is exactly why I wanted it - something I could bring on my commute (which includes some good time spent outdoors in the New England weather) and not worry about leakage in on my precious MacBook Pro or iPad. Those aren't exactly things you want to throw to chance with a $30 bag from someplace else.
There a lots of good pockets and a ridiculous amount of space inside the bag, like you'll be looking for more things to carry with you. Cargo seems to disappear inside, in both the way the bag holds everything and the fact that it's (minor drawback) kind of dark inside. If you want to carry your gadgetry outdoors in the world, then this is it. …
- Written by Christopher D from Beverly
89 of 93 people found this useful
My new favorite bag!
Every time I use this bag I find more reasons why I love it. I was just looking for a well priced everyday bag and I still can't b Every time I use this bag I find more reasons why I love it. I was just looking for a well priced everyday bag and I still can't believe this bag wasn't a lot more expensive for what you get. This is my 4th Timbuk2 bag and they continue to impress.
Here are some of the features that i've discovered in just the first week of use.
-much roomier then it seems. easy to keep packing more in and utilize the roll top
-new roll top clip closure design is faster then a zipper and silent for those times you want to slip out toward the end of a meeting but don't want a loud zipper making you the center of attention as you pack up.
- easy access to the laptop/tablet compartment and storage pockets on the outside of the bag
- I didn't even know it was water proof! got caught in the rain with a laptop and iPad. Saved them both from ruin.
- lots of loops and straps to attach things on the out side. Have not used that yet but makes me confident i'll always have room to cary more.
- and of course it just looks really cool!
bottom line. If you have a lot of tech gear that you want to safely, conveniently and stylishly cart around you can't go wrong wit this bag. …
- Written by AARON M from San Francisco
83 of 87 people found this useful
Best urban backpack ever!!!
First of all, it's very water resistant, so you won't have to worry about your devices if it starts raining or even if someone spi First of all, it's very water resistant, so you won't have to worry about your devices if it starts raining or even if someone spills a drink on your bag.
Second, it has great support for your back.
Third, I'm amazed at how much you can fit in this bag without it looking even the slightest bit bulky!
Fourth, it's super stylish.
Fifth, it's made of durable, quality materials.
Five stars! …
- Written by Lorenzo V from Escondido
63 of 69 people found this useful
Limited room, difficult to access, and your stuff gets wet.
This bag is nice for sunny days when you don't have much to carry. It cannot carry much as space is limited and it doesn't expand This bag is nice for sunny days when you don't have much to carry. It cannot carry much as space is limited and it doesn't expand easily or have any give. Getting your wallet or other stuff out of the front pocket is a pain. Finally, on rainy days your stuff gets wet. In the main compartment, my books were damp on some corners and edges. In the top pocket, my iPhone screen was damp, too. I was not riding at high speeds in torrential rains either. My commute to work is only twelve minutes in the rain, but my stuff still got wet. Not recommended. …
- Written by AARON LEE F from 富山市
UNDERSTATED 5-STAR EFFICIENCY
Living in the mountains on a dusty road, staying in hotels and campgrounds while traveling, hikin UNDERSTATED 5-STAR EFFICIENCY
Living in the mountains on a dusty road, staying in hotels and campgrounds while traveling, hiking on day trips, and backpack trips – all these make protecting a MacBook Pro a top priority. Timbuk2’s Spire does it – and more – efficiently and effectively.
The 15-inch bag provides more than enough space for a 13-inch MBP, all its accessories, and more. When loaded, its mesh backing, padded shoulder straps, plus a pick-up handle and sternum strap (nice touch) make it easy to handle and comfortable to carry. It provides protection from the elements and offers plenty of storage for other items – as small as flash drives or pens & pencils, and as large as either a 13- or 17-inch MBP or both if necessary.
Its sleek design, light weight, and internal organization pockets and sleeves attest to its well-researched design. Its best feature? It does everything it claims to do without shouting “Look At Me!” Black with only a small logo, its unobtrusive appearance and sleek design allow it to blend in whether at home, in your vehicle, at a campsite, on your back, in airports, on day hikes, or during hotel check-ins.
YouTube reviews demonstrate the Timbuk2 Spire’s adaptability for clothing and other items. …
- Written by John E from Hamilton
2 of 2 people found this useful
I've never written a review before, but feel compelled because this bag is so perfect. I use it every single day. It distributes w I've never written a review before, but feel compelled because this bag is so perfect. I use it every single day. It distributes weight evenly and comfortably, which somehow manages to make whatever you're carrying feel lighter. It looks rad, has a ton of easy-access pockets and dividers, it stays clean, is basically indestructible, yet somehow costs less than half comparable backpacks like Chrome. I don't get how... but I love it! …
- Written by jay K from Chicago
5 of 5 people found this useful