Designed exclusively for Apple, Timbuk2's Spire backpack wraps your MacBook Pro and iPad in plenty of waterproof protection thanks to its TPU and canvas fabric construction. You also get expandable volume via the flap or roll top main opening and easy access to your iPhone, MacBook, or iPad. Plus, Timbuk2's lifetime guarantee means Spire has your back for years to come.
- Fully padded internal sleeve fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro and iPad separately
- TSA-friendly MacBook access through zipper on the back panel
- Waterproof TPU and canvas fabric with custom aluminum hardware
- Roll-top construction for expandable carrying capacity
- Secure external iPhone 5 pocket
- Large exterior cargo pocket with additional internal pockets
- Military inspired external webbing daisy chain allows you to carry your bike U-lock, jacket, and more
- Internal organizer for pens, cables, and other small stuff
- Contoured shoulder straps and vented back panel for carrying comfort
- Designed by Timbuk2 exclusively for Apple
Did you notice?Quickly access your MacBook, iPad, or the entire bag through a concealed zipper on the back.
Apple Recommends ForEasily carry your MacBook Pro and iPad on your way to class, to work, or anywhere else.
What's in the Box?
- Timbuk2 15" Spire Backpack for MacBook Pro
- Form Factor: Backpack
- Material: Canvas, Fabric
- Height: 18 in./47.5 cm
- Width: 5 in./13 cm
- Weight: 1.92 lb./1.07 kg
- Length: 12 in./31.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 306-3-2001
- UPC or EAN No.: 631364520998
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Lifetime
Ratings & Reviews
This bag is a true beauty
The first day I used this pack, there was this crazy icy slushy snowy rainy storm, and the Inspire stood up to the elements like a The first day I used this pack, there was this crazy icy slushy snowy rainy storm, and the Inspire stood up to the elements like a champ. This is exactly why I wanted it - something I could bring on my commute (which includes some good time spent outdoors in the New England weather) and not worry about leakage in on my precious MacBook Pro or iPad. Those aren't exactly things you want to throw to chance with a $30 bag from someplace else.
There a lots of good pockets and a ridiculous amount of space inside the bag, like you'll be looking for more things to carry with you. Cargo seems to disappear inside, in both the way the bag holds everything and the fact that it's (minor drawback) kind of dark inside. If you want to carry your gadgetry outdoors in the world, then this is it. …
- Written by Christopher D from Beverly
67 of 70 people found this useful
My new favorite bag!
Every time I use this bag I find more reasons why I love it. I was just looking for a well priced everyday bag and I still can't b Every time I use this bag I find more reasons why I love it. I was just looking for a well priced everyday bag and I still can't believe this bag wasn't a lot more expensive for what you get. This is my 4th Timbuk2 bag and they continue to impress.
Here are some of the features that i've discovered in just the first week of use.
-much roomier then it seems. easy to keep packing more in and utilize the roll top
-new roll top clip closure design is faster then a zipper and silent for those times you want to slip out toward the end of a meeting but don't want a loud zipper making you the center of attention as you pack up.
- easy access to the laptop/tablet compartment and storage pockets on the outside of the bag
- I didn't even know it was water proof! got caught in the rain with a laptop and iPad. Saved them both from ruin.
- lots of loops and straps to attach things on the out side. Have not used that yet but makes me confident i'll always have room to cary more.
- and of course it just looks really cool!
bottom line. If you have a lot of tech gear that you want to safely, conveniently and stylishly cart around you can't go wrong wit this bag. …
- Written by AARON M from San Francisco
59 of 62 people found this useful
Best urban backpack ever!!!
First of all, it's very water resistant, so you won't have to worry about your devices if it starts raining or even if someone spi First of all, it's very water resistant, so you won't have to worry about your devices if it starts raining or even if someone spills a drink on your bag.
Second, it has great support for your back.
Third, I'm amazed at how much you can fit in this bag without it looking even the slightest bit bulky!
Fourth, it's super stylish.
Fifth, it's made of durable, quality materials.
Five stars! …
- Written by Lorenzo V from Escondido
38 of 44 people found this useful
I bought this bag to carry my 13" Macbook Pro to school. It's great, gives me plenty of space and protects my very expensive com I bought this bag to carry my 13" Macbook Pro to school. It's great, gives me plenty of space and protects my very expensive computer. I love how it's waterproof and obviously made very well. Another thing that I didn't know, but found out when I read the material included with the bag, is it comes with a lifetime warranty and Timbuk2 will repair it at any time. The one small complaint I have is that there are a couple large pockets with nothing to help secure smaller items inside. …
- Written by Jason L from Sandy
1 of 1 people found this useful
worst designed backpack ever
I'm sorry I ordered this, but it's a ways to a store where I could see it. Amazingly inaccessible compartments, and the backpack d I'm sorry I ordered this, but it's a ways to a store where I could see it. Amazingly inaccessible compartments, and the backpack doesn't actually open up. I'm returning it right away! apparently i can't give it zero stars, but I would if I could. …
- Written by Thomas H from MONTGOMERY VILLAGE
4 of 37 people found this useful
More cool than practical
I've owned this bag for maybe six months now. I wanted to expose it to the weather of Cleveland ohio which, if you don't know, cha I've owned this bag for maybe six months now. I wanted to expose it to the weather of Cleveland ohio which, if you don't know, changes fairly quickly. I use the bag for commuting on my road bike almost everyday rain or shine. the bag is very comfortable even when its loaded with stuff. The slots for the mac book and iPad where a good idea, but you can use them for other things too. the back is a little cramped and dark on the inside, but that shouldn't be an surprise because when its opened it fairly tall. that bag IS NOT WATER PROF, just water resistant only on the front and the sides, not the back or bottom of the bag so be carful. You mac book isn't 100% protected from the elements. Oh and if you're wondering that cool metal thing is on the shoulder strap, it a sun/eye glass holder, bottle opener, and and be used to hang your keys with a carabiniere. …
- Written by Adrian B from Kent
12 of 12 people found this useful