The IK Multimedia iRig PRO is the all-in-one audio and MIDI interface for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. It is a compact and portable device that allows you to connect your microphones, instruments, keyboards and your MIDI controller to play, practice, and record on the go.
Pocket-sized and battery-powered, it gives professional musicians and songwriters an interface that can cope with a variety of audio signals, so that you can create music when out of the studio. The audio and MIDI inputs can be used simultaneously so you can control your guitar or vocal software with MIDI foot controllers or pedals, for switching presets or controlling effects levels.
The iRig PRO comes with three detachable cables, compatible with Lightning, 30-pin, and USB connectors, so you can connect your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac with no need for adapters. It can also handle all of your inputs, from XLR condenser mics to balanced 1/4-inch TRS instrument cables for your keyboards and MIDI inputs.
- Balanced input for mic, line-level, and Hi-Z sources via XLR-1/4-inch combo jack connector with preamp control
- High-quality A/D conversion
- MIDI input
- +48V phantom power provided by included 9V battery
- Lightning connection, 30-pin, USB, and MIDI cables included
Did you notice?The iRig comes with Lightning connection, 30-pin, and USB cables so you can connect to your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac with no need for adapters.
Apple Recommends ForUse your portable audio and MIDI interface for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac to play, practice, and record your music when out of the studio.
What's in the Box?
- iRig PRO Audio/MIDI Interface for iOS and Mac
- iOS Lightning connection cable
- iOS 30-pin connection cable
- USB connection cable
- 9V battery
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono, MIDI, XLR
- Height: 0.83 in./2.1 cm
- Width: 1.26 in./3.2 cm
- Weight: 1.41 oz./40 g
- Length: 4.13 in./10.5 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-PRO-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813421035
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year parts, 90 days labor
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Exceeded my expectations
The other review isn't too fair, maybe it was a bad unit. I haven't used it with a battery yet, so it's super light (weight wise). The other review isn't too fair, maybe it was a bad unit. I haven't used it with a battery yet, so it's super light (weight wise). This kind of makes it flop all over the place. I like the feel of the iRig PRO, it's definitely not something you'll want to throw around but the build doesn't feel cheap to me (ie, I wouldn't throw it in a bag with a bunch of stuff on top of it). Coming from the old iRig I wasn't sure how good it would sound but there's no perceivable latency to me and the sound quality is CRYSTAL clear. I've tested with Garageband, Amplitube, Nanostudio and Jamup... it sounds great. The midi in seems to work just fine too, I'm not crazy about the plug but whatever, it keeps the footprint down. I'd recommend it to others looking for something that works with iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad. …
- Written by Matthew N from Farmingville
4 of 4 people found this useful
I've had this keyboard for three months and it's already broken. It has a flimsy plastic body, and I only used it as a home studio I've had this keyboard for three months and it's already broken. It has a flimsy plastic body, and I only used it as a home studio keyboard. At least a third of the keyboard doesn't work. When I hit a key it hits two next to each other at the same time causing dissonance. It's completely unplayable and no one will take this to fix it or give me a refund. Complete trash and a waste of 150 dollars. …
- Written by Cyan C from atlanta
0 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the iRig work with a audio-technica shotgun microphone? The microphone hooks into a microphone jack of a camera.
- Asked by Kelsey D from Roswell
- Jun 22, 2015
Do i need the latest iOS to operate the iRig PRO?
- Asked by Danielle D from St. Adolphe
- Dec 11, 2014
Can I use the iRig PRO to connect my Yamaha Stagepas 300 pa mixer, through it's REC OUT RCA outputs, to my iMac to record with Garageband?
- Asked by Timothy M from Sydney
- Apr 14, 2015
Will iRig Pro audio and midi interface work with iPad air?
- Asked by Michael H
- Dec 28, 2013
Yes they will. It comes with 30 pin, lightning and USB cables to ensure compatibility across all of Yes they will. It comes with 30 pin, lightning and USB cables to ensure compatibility across all of your Apple devices. …
- Answered by Joel M from Taylorsville
- Apr 16, 2014
Will the iRig PRO work with Macbook PRO 2014?
- Asked by Jason U from West Hills
- Dec 16, 2014
It is designed to work with all Apple products and definitely with the latest Mac Pro, you will find It is designed to work with all Apple products and definitely with the latest Mac Pro, you will find it enjoyable experience since it's processor and memory more faster …
- Answered by Mamdouh S from Dahahran
- Feb 26, 2015