The best-performing one-piece Wi-Fi music system from Bose, the Bose® SoundTouch™ 30 lets you wirelessly stream iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and the music library on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the touch of a button. If you have an existing home Wi-Fi network, you're ready to enjoy deep, rich, room-filling sound brought to life by waveguide technology. The free SoundTouch™ app helps you easily personalize up to six presets. Once set, the system gives you the easiest control ever imagined—one touch.
- Bose's best-performing one-piece Wi-Fi music system
- Play music wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with AirPlay
- Enjoy wireless access to iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and your music library
- Listen to your favorite music at the touch of a button with six personalized presets
- Exclusive Bose® waveguide speaker technology produces deep, rich sound with enough power to fill the largest room in your home
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network—no extra equipment necessary
- Free SoundTouch™ app for your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch provides more powerful control, or use the included remote for quick control
- Easily add additional system at any time for a multi-room listening experience
- Along with Wi-Fi, source connections include a 3.5mm auxiliary input
Did you notice?Exclusive Bose® waveguide speaker technology produces deep, rich, room-filling sound.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with wireless convenience.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundTouch™ 30 Wi-Fi Music System
- Remote control
- Power cable
- USB cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Drivers: Two 2-inch mid-range drivers, one 4.4-inch woofer
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 9.7 in./24.64 cm
- Width: 17.1 in./43.43 cm
- Weight: 19.9 lb./9.03 kg
- Length: 7.1 in./18.03 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 355589-1200
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817607841
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms …
Ratings & Reviews
This is an excellent product. Was out to buy a Bower and Wilkin's A7 and saw this. This has blown me away by quality, bass respons This is an excellent product. Was out to buy a Bower and Wilkin's A7 and saw this. This has blown me away by quality, bass response and rich sound. It is a one piece music system. …
- Written by Byron S from Calgary
47 of 54 people found this useful
Big-boy AirPlay speaker, incredible!
This is the big-boy speaker from Bose! AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app yo This is the big-boy speaker from Bose! AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app you have access to much more, like Pandora and thousands of streaming internet stations. The programmable preset buttons work just like the presets in your car, so you can tune in to a favorite internet radio station, pandora channel, or even stream from your iTunes library, at the touch of a button! Sound on this SoundTouch 30 is HUGE, on par with the old SoundDock 10, and you'll be able to fill very large rooms with the sound it puts out. Plus, with multiple systems, the Play Everywhere feature as well as independent controls are incredible for a house full of great sound! …
- Written by Nate N from PORTLAND
37 of 39 people found this useful
I have never been so disappointed
The Bose Sound Touch 30 sounds incredible when it works. I had full intention of using Bose as my audio configuration throughout m The Bose Sound Touch 30 sounds incredible when it works. I had full intention of using Bose as my audio configuration throughout my apartment and office. Unfortunately the inability for the air play to be consistent has been the final straw. I have had to return one, and have had to reset the systems software 4x since getting a new one. It has been very frustrating. The speaker system is gorgeous and sounds incredible, but the functionality is not there. As much as I want to, I can not recommend this to anyone. If you are a potential buyer please take this response into consideration it will save you a lot of frustration and disappointment. …
- Written by Thomas F from Baltimore
44 of 61 people found this useful
Airplay is broken
I had airplay working for a while but now it's stopped. The device is one the network and when I try to use airplay it lights up, I had airplay working for a while but now it's stopped. The device is one the network and when I try to use airplay it lights up, but no sound. (Yes, I checked the volume control.) Flakey piece of junk. …
- Written by James O from Berkeley
2 of 3 people found this useful
Clever Engineering - Great Sound
I had been using a conventional two speaker receiver, CD player with Airport Express for the past few years. I found I was playing I had been using a conventional two speaker receiver, CD player with Airport Express for the past few years. I found I was playing CDs and listening to the radio less and less, relying more on iTunes and Airplay. In my search I looked at the Bose SoundDock 10 but realized that was getting to be old technology. After looking and listening to a variety of Airplay enabled speakers I settled on the SoundTouch 30.
Initially I was concerned about having to connect the Sound Touch 30 to my Mac in order to initialize the WiFi settings but was only required to do that once. I was also concerned that the SoundTouch 30 imported the library from my Mac's iTunes library and had to be updated whenever I added additional songs. All of which seemed very un Mac like to me. However, as I explored all of the features and capabilities of the SoundTouch 30 my initial concerns gave way to the additional functionality not provided with a straight Airplay setup.
Updating the firmware, software and music the library is very easy and can be done wirelessly as you'd expect. One feature I welcomed was the ability to play the SoundTouch 30 radio stations/play lists in one room on the SoundTouch 30 separately from the iTunes playlist in another room. As well, you can switch from the SoundTouch 30 library to the iTunes library on the main computer or any other Airplay device via Airplay effortlessly. There are many more radio stations available in the SoundTouch library than the ShoutCast radio playlists in iTunes, another plus.
The SoundTouch 30 is a solidly built speaker. The sound is very good with plenty of volume and range. I found the SoundTouch 30 bassy, which is easily corrected by moving the speaker closer to the wall behind it.
All in all the Bose SoundTouch wireless music system and SoundTouch 30 speaker looks like a winner, it sounds good and works well in the Airplay environment. …
- Written by Rick A from Victoria
2 of 3 people found this useful
Great Sound but hard to set up
After one week struggle still can't use Bose app. Airplay goes well but in Bose app still can't find the system. After try with my After one week struggle still can't use Bose app. Airplay goes well but in Bose app still can't find the system. After try with my two computer, lots of power on and off, try with both Ethernet and wireless, at last Service suggest me to change my wireless AP. So I let it go. …
- Written by lin Z from Shanghai
6 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this work with Apple TV?
- Asked by Vincent M from Brough
- Apr 5, 2014
Yes it works very well with Apple TV. You can use AirPlay while playing your Library, ITunes Radio - Yes it works very well with Apple TV. You can use AirPlay while playing your Library, ITunes Radio - It will even allow you to use AirPlay to Watch movies with sound on your soundtouch- sounds Great!!! …
- Answered by Mark D from Schaumburg
- May 8, 2014
Is Spotify one of the "internet radio" applications can be streamed through wi-fi on this device?
- Asked by Kevyn D from New York
- Dec 16, 2013
If you have the app on your iOS device then you can stream it from that device to Bose SoundTouch. H If you have the app on your iOS device then you can stream it from that device to Bose SoundTouch. However spottily is not supposed in the system natively. you would still need the iOS device with the spotify app. …
- Answered by Soumya D from Bellepoint
- Dec 25, 2013
is it compatible with MacBook Air ??
- Asked by Nasser M from Hurghada-red Sea
- Dec 2, 2013
Any Mac or iOS device has native AirPlay streaming built-in, PLUS any Mac, Windows PC, iOS device or Any Mac or iOS device has native AirPlay streaming built-in, PLUS any Mac, Windows PC, iOS device or Android device can download the free Bose SoundTouch app for full control. Because these can stream over AirPlay direct from an Apple device or over your Wifi from thousands of internet radio stations and Pandora, and more services on the way, you're not limited. VERY cool systems, WAY better than docks or Bluetooth. …
- Answered by Nate N from Portland
- Dec 6, 2013