Listening to music is easier than ever with the Bose® SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi Music System. It lets you wirelessly stream iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and the music library on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the touch of a button. If you have an existing home Wi-Fi network, you’re ready to enjoy rich, room-filling sound anywhere in your house. All from a compact system you can place just about anywhere.
- Play music wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with AirPlay
- Enjoy wireless access to iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and your music library
- Listen to your favorite music at the touch of a button with six personalized presets
- Experience clear, room-filling sound from a compact system you can place just about anywhere in the home
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network—no extra equipment necessary
- Free SoundTouch™ app for your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch provides more powerful control, or use the included remote for quick control
- Easily add additional system at any time for a multi-room listening experience
- Along with Wi-Fi, source connections include a 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Ethernet port in the back allows for wired network connection
Did you notice?Personalized presets let you select your favorite music with the push of a button.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac with wireless convenience.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi Music System
- Remote control
- Power cable
- USB cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Drivers: Two 60mm full-range drivers
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 7.4 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 12.4 in./31.5 cm
- Weight: 7 lb./3.18 kg
- Length: 4.1 in./10.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 355589-1200
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817610087
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Most versatile WiFi and AirPlay speaker on the market!
An incredibly versatile WiFi speaker with the size and performance fit for just about any room in your home. AirPlay streaming wor An incredibly versatile WiFi speaker with the size and performance fit for just about any room in your home. AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app you have access to much more, like Pandora and thousands of streaming internet stations. The programmable preset buttons work just like the presets in your car, so you can tune in to a favorite internet radio station, pandora channel, or even stream from your iTunes library, at the touch of a button, without having to take your iPhone out of your pocket if you don't want! AND, with multiple systems, the Play Everywhere feature as well as independent controls are incredible for a house full of great sound! …
- Written by Nate N from PORTLAND
26 of 31 people found this useful
Good idea but still need to improve a lot!!!
After installing my Bose, everything went fine... airplay working properly with all devices, preset fine, Bose app ok. But:
1) After installing my Bose, everything went fine... airplay working properly with all devices, preset fine, Bose app ok. But:
1) when you load a library on Bose library or,
2) when there is a change or you have to reset your network... then, a nightmare starts, no airplay, only presets!!!
Restarted, then, reset to factory settings 100x, and no AIRPLAY, which was the aim of buying this device!!!
And still trying to setup AGAIN!!! …
- Written by Javier L from Málaga
20 of 30 people found this useful
Works for me
Obviously great sound from the Bose product. The SoundTouch 30 is awesome - but for not for an additional $300.
I didn't hav Obviously great sound from the Bose product. The SoundTouch 30 is awesome - but for not for an additional $300.
I didn't have any problem setting up the SoundTouch. The secrets to ease of use is loading the SoundTouch app on you iPhone or iPad, selecting your six channels, and, making sure your computer's Energy Saver is set to "never".
So why not 5 stars? Although the iPad / iPhone app controls the speaker unit(s) and the SoundTouch comes with a remote control to do the same, the speaker unit does not have the same song back, song pause, or song advance song buttons; in the event it is more convenient to just reach out to do so. …
- Written by mark G from vestal
8 of 8 people found this useful
Do NOT buy yet.. needs to be more stable
I bought my SoundTouch 30 a little over a month ago. (May 2014). I saw the demo in the Bose store and I was very impressed... it I bought my SoundTouch 30 a little over a month ago. (May 2014). I saw the demo in the Bose store and I was very impressed... it was SO slick that I dropped 900 bucks on it right there. I'm a big fan of Bose products and was excited they finally had the "Apple TV for audiophiles" Overall I say it's not worth the money YET.
Set up was easy enough although you have to connect it to your computer before it will find your network...seemed a bit odd... I digress.
Lots of radio channels available
Air Play is great (when the speaker is on line)
Easy to swap out pre-sets quickly
Great volume control on the device and the remote, [will get really loud but also can turn it right down so it's very very low]
And obviously frigging FANTASTIC sound quality you would expect from Bose!
Connection/software isn't stable [despite moving it and my wireless router (AirPort Extreme) with in 6 feet of each other, re booting, changing wifi settings etc, it hasn't improved, It will go off line for minutes to hours at at time. Very frustrating. Often when I turn it on it can't find the WiFi network I re boot my router and the SoundTouch and sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I have apple TV and have NO issues with connectivity and that's streaming video, Audio should be much less of a bandwidth hog] This is the biggest downfall of this device...
The volume control on the App is clunky, you can't adjust the volume accurately (ok i'm fussy but it's annoying)
There is no "mute" button on the app to silence it for a phone call
Often the app can't find the device (Likely because the speaker can't be found on the wifi network (see above))
navigating your music library isn't as slick or easy as it could be.
I would say once they have a new more stable software platform for this, it will be worth every penny but for now save your money until the bugs are all worked out. …
- Written by Gavin D from Vancouver
2 of 2 people found this useful
Was really on the fence about Bluetooth vs Airplay (i.e this speaker or a different one). Airplay offers the advantage of being a Was really on the fence about Bluetooth vs Airplay (i.e this speaker or a different one). Airplay offers the advantage of being able to use it for both audio and video, while Bluetooth is strictly audio-only. However, after reading some reviews on Airplay, it appeared as though Airplay didn't always work so good for some people.
After stewing for a while finally decided to give Airplay a try with this speaker. Well, it turns out all my fears were unfounded -- Airplay works perfect and this speaker does too! Setup was a breeze (though there was a firmware update for this speaker that took a few minutes to complete). The sound is awesome. Perhaps the only nit-pick is that there's about a second delay between starting/stopping a song and when the music stops on the speaker. I assume this is probably due to buffering the speaker does or something. Anyhow, it's minor.
When watching a movie and Airplay'ing it to the speaker, the video and audio seemed to be synchronized very well (this was something some of the Airplay reviews I read said was problematic).
No complaints! …
- Written by Derek E from Dover
1 of 1 people found this useful
Excellent using Airplay; Poor on Bose's Network
Overall I am happy with the Bose Soundtouch 20 but only because it supports airplay and that works extremely well. I have never ha Overall I am happy with the Bose Soundtouch 20 but only because it supports airplay and that works extremely well. I have never had a problem using Airplay with the Bose Sountouch. If you want to make use of the preset buttons at the top of the speaker (so called Soundtouch) which relies on Bose own network then it is simply not reliable. Sometimes it works but a lot of times it simply doesn't. Bottom line - if the main purpose is to rely on Airplay for your music streaming - it works great. If on the other hand you want to use the Soundtouch buttons and therefore the Bose network which it relies on - I suggest you look elsewhere at least until Bose gets its act together. …
- Written by Andrew L from ORLEANS
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the speakers be connected by wi-fi to TV and I-pad features....other than included in the saved Library ?
- Asked by Rajesh S from Kuala Lumpur
- Mar 23, 2014
Can this be used as an alarm clock as well?
- Asked by Paris J from Mississauga
- Dec 28, 2013
No. Not unless you have some other program that will launch a song to an airplay device at a certai No. Not unless you have some other program that will launch a song to an airplay device at a certain time. There is no built in clock or radio or alarm. Just the sounds... Which are awesome! …
- Answered by Brian H from San Antonio
- Mar 28, 2014
can these speakers be used with macbook air?
- Asked by Gary H from Auke Bay
- Dec 16, 2013
Yes it can, if your iTunes is on the macbook then you can stream that to the bose.
- Answered by Jason K
- Dec 18, 2013
Will this unit pickup and play local FM Radio Stations
- Asked by Graham H from Surfers Paradise
- Jan 17, 2014
No. There is no built in radio receiver. That said, I live in San Antonio TX, and the local statio No. There is no built in radio receiver. That said, I live in San Antonio TX, and the local stations I listen two, KSTX and KRTU both are available online, and my SoundTouch 20 locked into those VERY easily. I have each set as a preset - the only "pain" is the 3 seconds it takes to switch from one channel to the other. Which frankly isn't a problem.
So, if you can listen to a station online, this is a great system.
FYI - I have the SoundTouch 20 and the sound level and quality is nothing short of amazing. I was torn between it and the the 30, but, the salesman when I described the room, my home office, he said the 20 would be more than enough - and wow, was he right. …
- Answered by Brian H from San Antonio
- Mar 28, 2014
Will Sound Touch connect (Interface) Output to Bose Lifestyle System?
- Asked by J.stephen G from West Chester
- Dec 23, 2013
The there is one AUX port on this device. You can connect it on the aux. No other interface is there The there is one AUX port on this device. You can connect it on the aux. No other interface is there. …
- Answered by Soumya D from Bellepoint
- Dec 25, 2013