The Tech21 Impactology Patrol case for 5th-generation iPod touch features an advanced dual-layer structure that integrates scientifically proven impact-absorbing materials such as D3O. Ingenious, slim-fitting, and user-friendly, this case provides serious protection while allowing full access to all the functionality of your iPod touch. The intelligent dual-layer structure includes an inner Tech21 Impact Shell that protects the sides and back of the iPod, along with a removable ruggedized outer casing that offers an additional layer of tough protection.
All Tech21 Impactology products protect your iPod from inevitable drops and falls by delivering premium impact protection featuring intelligent D3O material: upon impact the molecules lock together to absorb and disperse the force of impact away from the iPod.
D30 impact-absorbing material
All Tech21 Impactology products protect your iPod from everyday accidents by delivering advanced impact protection featuring D3O material. Upon impact, the material's molecules lock together to absorb and disperse impact force away from the device.
- Scientifically proven shock-absorbing D3O impact material
- Original Tech21 Impact Shell within a removable, ruggedized PC outer case for added protection
- Slim-fitting, user-friendly design
- Protects sides and back of your iPod touch
- Access to all iPod functions including camera lens cut-out
Did you notice?D3O military-grade impact protection material absorbs and disperses the energy of impacts.
Apple Recommends ForTough double-layered protection for your iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impactology Patrol Case for iPod touch (5th Gen.)
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic, TPU
- Height: 5.28 in./13.4 cm
- Width: 2.76 in./7 cm
- Weight: 1.8 oz./51 g
- Length: 0.63 in./1.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3464
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517325455
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year from date of purchase
Ratings & Reviews
Dropped my phone coming off the plane...
I have never in my life written an online review, but I felt compelled to after this experience. Yesterday I dropped my phone walk I have never in my life written an online review, but I felt compelled to after this experience. Yesterday I dropped my phone walking out of a commercial airplane and it fell down the crack between the plane and the jet bridge, sending it plunging down to the runway below (not sure how far that is in feet but you get the idea). A airline official popped up to the bridge with it about 5 minutes later, not a scratch on it. Didn't even turn off. …
- Written by Eleanor N from Lake Bluff
24 of 24 people found this useful
Overall a good investment....
For those looking for a good case to protect their investment in their new IPod touch, this is a nice one. The case is as describ For those looking for a good case to protect their investment in their new IPod touch, this is a nice one. The case is as described, coming with an inner soft slip on case to cover sides and back while the outer hard case is added protection. About the only thing it doesn't do is protect the front glass.
One minor issue, if you have the Belkin cradle for the Touch, the case will not allow you to mount the device to the cradle to sync/charge, even with the bottom flap opened. It also will not allow any standard 3rd party auxiliary 3mm plug to be inserted into the IPod, or at least to let it fit well as some trimming will be required depending on how they were molded during manufacturing. But the ear plugs will fit without issue. The wrist strap also will not be usable.
The case is a very snug fit, everything on the inner case lines up and sits over the buttons in such a way you may not hear the 'click' of the buttons being pushed. But the openings for the camera and light are where they're supposed to be without any overlap. The outer shell contains the inner so that there is no play whatsoever; how this will translate to adding a touchscreen protector is yet to be determined. …
- Written by Ed Y from Calgary
12 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this case water proof or water resistant - i.e. suitable for hunting or outside bad weather situations? If not, can you please recommend one?
- Asked by William K from Gap Mills
- May 26, 2014