TAVIK's OUTER EDGE Bumper Case for iPhone 5 beautifully frames your iPhone in soft-touch, rubber and molded plastic protection. The sleek design keeps all iPhone functions fully accessible, while providing a safety cushion for the most exposed areas.
- Sleek protective bumper case
- Outer edge protection
- Co-molded design
- Anti-static coating with soft-touch finish
- Two-tone coloring
- Full access to all iPhone functions
- Ease to put on and take off
Did you notice?The rubber and plastic materials are strong enough to meet the same standards as automobile bumpers.
Apple Recommends ForSafeguard your iPhone 5 without covering it up.
What's in the Box?
- TAVIK OUTER EDGE Bumper Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Bumper
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.45 in./1.14 cm
- Width: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Weight: 0.41 oz./11.75 g
- Length: 5.1 in./12.95 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: TVK-IPH-039-BLK/RED
- UPC or EAN No.: 848691031404
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Finally a case that is protective and sleek and not bulky!!
I have been wanting a case like this since the iPhone first came out and can't find a cool looking one yet. Highly recommend for p I have been wanting a case like this since the iPhone first came out and can't find a cool looking one yet. Highly recommend for people who are not huge fans of bulky cases like myself, but want some kind of protection and style. This case has both and I love it because it's so sleek looking. It's even cooler that it comes in 5 different colors, so you have choices if you're into a more bright or subtle look. Definitely recommend this case!!!!!!!! …
- Written by Jaclyn M F from Westminster
21 of 25 people found this useful
expensive and not good at all
broke by the 3rd month I bought it
- Written by Rafael A from Chula Vista
3 of 4 people found this useful
I agree that the button on top of the phone is very hard to press with this bumper on.
I got it in the white, and within a day I agree that the button on top of the phone is very hard to press with this bumper on.
I got it in the white, and within a day I noticed it started to change colour, and within a week the white bumper had turned a browny yellow on the outside where the rubber is and the buttons. It looks awful. …
- Written by Rosie M from Oakville
2 of 2 people found this useful
The only iPhone 5 bumper out there.
I used this case for a few months, before getting tired of it and going back to another case I originally purchased with my phone. I used this case for a few months, before getting tired of it and going back to another case I originally purchased with my phone.
- Shock absorbent material
- Exposes the back of your phone, so you can see/feel it.
- Comes in different color combos
- Soft touch rubber coating
- Provides a lip on both sides, so the phone never touches the surface it's on
- Sturdy shell construction provides no flex in the design (i.e.: no droop around the home button)
- The back of the phone is susceptible to damage
- Some colors tend to pick up a lot of dirt and grime (pink/white is by far the worst)
- The soft coating starts to wear off and peel away rather quickly. I noticed it on mine around the headphone jack.
- The lack of a back makes the the edges of the bumper rather uncomfortable to hold in your hand. The phone feels bulkier than if it had a standard case.
- The headphone jack/lightning connector openings are only compatible with Apple-made accessories. You would need to remove the bumper for anything bigger than that.
- Removing the bumper is very tricky and hard to do. Hint: Start with the corner opposite the volume buttons
- Volume and Sleep buttons are very difficult to press. Removes the very elegant clicking sensation that the phone has.
Lastly, this is one of the only bumpers that is currently available for the iPhone 5/5S platform, so if you want the freedom such a design provides, you may find yourself out of any other options. …
- Written by Hayk S from Franklin Lakes
Would not recommend this product
When I first bought it I was thrilled with this product. Looked really sleek and I was happy. I bought the red and black version a When I first bought it I was thrilled with this product. Looked really sleek and I was happy. I bought the red and black version and within 10 days of purchase the red edges had started to fade and the red started to look pinkish. Needless to say I returned it and went with another brand. I would not recommend this phone case. …
- Written by Gordon A from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
I got the white bumper, and it picks up different colors. It is awful looking now. The top power button is very hard to press. I w I got the white bumper, and it picks up different colors. It is awful looking now. The top power button is very hard to press. I wish I had not bought this product. …
- Written by Leslie P from los angeles
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case work with the Lightning/30 Pin Adapter?
- Asked by Alexander M from Bellevue
- Oct 14, 2013
No, it doesn't. I tried to charge my phone in my car today with the lightning -> 30 pin adapter and No, it doesn't. I tried to charge my phone in my car today with the lightning -> 30 pin adapter and it wouldn't push in all the way because of a little chamfered inside edge. …
- Answered by Tanya B
- Feb 13, 2014
Will this case fit the iPhone 5S?
- Asked by Lance Y from Las Vegas
- Sep 20, 2013
Yes, you can
- Answered by Shubham D
- Oct 2, 2013
Is the back of the phone protected?
- Asked by Stephane G from Houston
- Nov 1, 2013
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks. Stephane,
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks.
- Answered by R B from Christchurch
- Nov 29, 2013
The Tavik OUTER EDGE Bumper Case...is this case soft or does it have a hard shell?
- Asked by Tracey K from New York
- Oct 23, 2013
It feels like it's made of two different plastics. A hard plastic for the outside frame, and a sligh It feels like it's made of two different plastics. A hard plastic for the outside frame, and a slightly softer one (almost like hard rubber) for the inside and edges. …
- Answered by Trevor H from Pasco
- Oct 30, 2013
will this case fit the iphone 5c?
- Asked by Carly M from Apollo
- Sep 12, 2013
No it won't, unlike the 5s, the 5c has a totally different shell design to the original 5.
- Answered by Thomas S
- Oct 7, 2013
does tavik outer gage bumper fit on new iPhone 5s
- Asked by Patsy D from Edgewater
- Sep 18, 2013
Yes, it does. I just got it today.
- Answered by Ozzie S from Charlotte
- Sep 22, 2013