Speck’s SmartShell case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2177
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005199
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
This case completely ruined my computer. The upper part of the case is so heavy, it brings the screen down by itself, and over tim This case completely ruined my computer. The upper part of the case is so heavy, it brings the screen down by itself, and over time, the computer's hinges loosen, which is annoying when you are typing with the computer on your lap. Whenever I open or close the computer, the hinges start creaking, a thing that never happened before I got this case. And the bottom of the case is no better. It chips off over time, and kind of bends the bottom of the computer when I use it on a hard surface. The only good thing about this case is that it is good at hiding scratches, and preventing scratches on the computer itself. But, I would rather have a scratched-up computer than a computer with broken hinges. I would not recommend this case, or any other case for that matter. A MacBook Air is too thin to handle all this weight. …
- Written by Reshi P from Toronto
6 of 6 people found this useful
I think it's as light as they can make it. The top shell is heavy enough to weigh the screen down and move it, so I took it off. A I think it's as light as they can make it. The top shell is heavy enough to weigh the screen down and move it, so I took it off. After a few weeks the bottom shell started to crack, and would no longer hold securely.
Over all: heavy, weak joints where it counts, breaks too easily for the cost. I do no recommend. However, I do recommend a skin. …
- Written by Larry N from San Diego
81 of 90 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this fit the MacBookAir4,1... (11-inch, Mid 2011)?
- Asked by Johnny T from Charlotte
- Nov 11, 2014
Does this block the new dual mic on the MacBook Air 13" 2013?
- Asked by Marc P
- Jun 18, 2013
No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confi No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confirm the case fits the latest generation of MBA. …
- Answered by Kevin H from Killarney Hts
- Aug 28, 2013
Does it fit a 2009 macbook air model A1304?
- Asked by Ashley T from Los Lunas
- Sep 11, 2013
No it would cover the drop down port and the sides are different. Have a look online for pearl cases
- Answered by P R S
- Apr 26, 2014
Can the case affect cooling? I.e. cause overheating?
- Asked by Rkg E from Edinburgh
- Mar 9, 2013
no, the cooling vent is not covered
- Answered by David S
- Apr 8, 2013