The Mophie Juice Pack Air safeguards your iPhone 5 from the bumps and bruises of daily life—while its integrated battery provides up to 100% more power than the iPhone itself. Thanks to premium materials, pass-through controls, and a low-profile design, this is a beautifully practical companion for your iPhone.
- Complete edge to edge protection for iPhone 5
- Smart battery technology instructs the iPhone to always drain the Juice Pack's battery first
- Rechargeable smart battery concealed inside a lightweight, soft-touch case
- Pass-through buttons emulate iPhone 5 controls for volume up/down, hold, and mute switch
- Certified “Made for iPhone” product
- Integrated four-light LED status indicator to show how much battery is left
- Simultaneously charge your iPhone and Juice Pack
- Toggle between charging and standby with the flip of a switch
Did you notice?A patent-pending pass-through mute switch provides easy control.
Apple Recommends ForDouble the talk or music-listening time on your iPhone 5, while keeping it protected.
What's in the Box?
- mophie Juice Pack Air
- Micro USB cable
- User manual
- Pass-through headphone extension
- Form Factor: Battery Case
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 5.54 in./14.07 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.56 cm
- Weight: 2.68 oz./75.9 g
- Length: 0.63 in./1.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 2565_JPA-IP5-BLK
- UPC or EAN No.: 810472021058
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Not as Advertised
I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of al I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of all, I had one with my iPhone 4S and really liked it since I use my phone primarily for business and travel quite a bit. Secondly, they advertise that the charging is 100% which is more than the past models which helps to justify an increase in price. Having had success in the past it was a no brainer. However, the battery case does not charge 100%. Instead the most I get is an increase from 25% to 90% which is about what my previous case gave me at a lower price. While the output is okay it is 35% less than what is advertised and not worth the increased price! How can the company make such claims and justify the price increase when "real" life usage varies this much?
When considering the purchase of this battery case keep this in mind. You will likely not get the 100% they claim and it's pricey. That said, if you can live with 65% then by all means make the purchase. Just know what your getting in reality …
- Written by Ronald G B from Flower Mound
187 of 220 people found this useful
Why not a lightning receptacle on the bottom?
The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have cha The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have chargers for it in my car, home and office that use the lightning plug, why would Mophie not use a female iPhone lightning compatible receptacle on the bottom of their case? That means always being forced to carry a separate plug/mini-USB cable to charge it. Why in the heck didn't they charge just a wee bit more to do it right?
As much promise as the charging case held, the case was purchased all for convenience and there is nothing convenient about this design. Mophie: Why don't you come out with a model a little more expensive to cover your costs and do it right for the people who don't want one more special cable or adapter to carry around with them. Maybe somebody will listen and fix this mess. …
- Written by Jim P from SPRINGDALE
181 of 256 people found this useful
Does what It was supposed to do
I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the nex I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the next day (usually once the charge got down to ~30%). I have a really nice, handmade, burled walnut case, and I was also concerned about missing the 'beauty' of the phone/case by using the plain black juice pack.
Here's what I found:
- The battery life is now very good. I charged the battery overnight on Sunday (as usual), used the phone all day on Monday (as normal), kicked in the juice pack after about 13 hours of being off the charger (which allowed me to go from 20% to 97% charge), then actually plugged my phone back in for the first time on Tuesday afternoon (with about 50% battery remaining). Just what I wanted.
- I don't notice any significant loss of wi-fi signal
- I occasionally notice a drop in about 1 bar of signal strength (so 4 bars instead of 5 in some places). However I still get 5 bars in lots of places, even with the juice pack case on the phone.
- The juice pack didn't substantially increase the size of the phone (it actually was about the same thickness as my fancy case)
- The phone's length changed a little bit (longer now w/ the juice pack), but that's not a bad thing as it feels good in my hand...actually a little more substantial. Plus, w/ the juice pack, the microphones on the bottom of the device are actually now more 'directed' towards my mouth. Siri and voice dictation seems to be more accurate now.
- I was worried about difficulties of using the headphone extension plug, but i had to use it once, and it wasn't a big deal. Sound quality using the extension was still phone. I just added the extension to my accessories pack that i normally carry anyway.
- I'd recommend to others who were looking for the same solutions. …
- Written by John T from Raleigh
109 of 126 people found this useful
Mophie Juice Pack for iPhone 5s
Had I known that this juice pack would not give me a 100% charge , I would not of spent $100 for it. I am currently on my 3rd jui Had I known that this juice pack would not give me a 100% charge , I would not of spent $100 for it. I am currently on my 3rd juice pack, all having the same problem. What a waste of my money. My recommendation is don't waste your money. …
- Written by Nyna B from Albuquerque
1 of 1 people found this useful
The adaptor cord stopped working after a couple months
I was excited about getting this juice pack after having one on my I-phone 4. A different charging cord is not convenient. The ada I was excited about getting this juice pack after having one on my I-phone 4. A different charging cord is not convenient. The adaptor for speakers is stiff and makes the i-phone way to long for sitting in the space in my car. my adaptor cord started shorting out after a couple months and doesn't work at all now. Also my charger port doesn't alway connect, I sometimes have to connect it ten times to get a response. Don't think I'll be buying anymore Mophie's. …
- Written by Coy S from Tulsa
don't buy this. it only works for about 3 months then it won't charge your phone at all. i charge mine all night but then when i t don't buy this. it only works for about 3 months then it won't charge your phone at all. i charge mine all night but then when i try to use it on my phone it doesn't charge and it's really annoying. …
- Written by Alex D from Tarpon springs
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the factory earphone plugs into the case or does it have to use the adaptor?
- Asked by William C from Rowland Heights
- Nov 11, 2013
Will this case fit an iPhone 5 C?
- Asked by Caroline W
- Sep 28, 2013
No, the iPhone 5C is just a little thicker than the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S.
- Answered by Michael S from Kennesaw
- Oct 7, 2013
Do I need to remove mophie juice pack air for charging iPhone itself
- Asked by Wei Hung T from Taipei City
- Jul 19, 2014
no, when you plug it in (assuming your phone is inside the case), you'll be charging both the device no, when you plug it in (assuming your phone is inside the case), you'll be charging both the device and the case. It charges a lot slower though, since you're charging two batteries. …
- Answered by Dante A from Lima
- Jul 22, 2014
is there a charging indicator light on the mophie
- Asked by Michele D from Coeur D Alene
- Jul 21, 2014
Does morphie make any diference with the wifi signal?
- Asked by Victor H B from Jackson Heights
- May 9, 2014
Do I have to remove the case for USB syncing?
- Asked by Brian M from Chico
- Oct 2, 2013
No: The USB included only charges; to sync with your Mac or PC you need to slide off the bottom sect No: The USB included only charges; to sync with your Mac or PC you need to slide off the bottom section of the case and use your existing lightning cable. It's easy to do; but far from ideal. Whenever you use Wi-Fi sync make your phone do something like open Facebook and refresh it continually, while the sync is beginning ( I find this helps with the reliability issues we all suffer with iTunes Wi-Fi sync ie: losing device connection. …
- Answered by Harris L
- Oct 11, 2013