The Mophie Juice Pack Air safeguards your iPhone 5 from the bumps and bruises of daily life—while its integrated battery provides up to 100% more power than the iPhone itself. Thanks to premium materials, pass-through controls, and a low-profile design, this is a beautifully practical companion for your iPhone.
- Complete edge to edge protection for iPhone 5
- Smart battery technology instructs the iPhone to always drain the Juice Pack's battery first
- Rechargeable smart battery concealed inside a lightweight, soft-touch case
- Pass-through buttons emulate iPhone 5 controls for volume up/down, hold, and mute switch
- Certified “Made for iPhone” product
- Integrated four-light LED status indicator to show how much battery is left
- Simultaneously charge your iPhone and Juice Pack
- Toggle between charging and standby with the flip of a switch
Did you notice?A patent-pending pass-through mute switch provides easy control.
Apple Recommends ForDouble the talk or music-listening time on your iPhone 5, while keeping it protected.
What's in the Box?
- mophie Juice Pack Air
- Micro USB cable
- User manual
- Pass-through headphone extension
- Form Factor: Battery Case
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 5.54 in./14.07 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.56 cm
- Weight: 2.68 oz./75.9 g
- Length: 0.63 in./1.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 2565_JPA-IP5-BLK
- UPC or EAN No.: 810472021058
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Not as Advertised
I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of al I recently purchased a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the Mophie Juice Pack too. I did this for a couple of reasons. First of all, I had one with my iPhone 4S and really liked it since I use my phone primarily for business and travel quite a bit. Secondly, they advertise that the charging is 100% which is more than the past models which helps to justify an increase in price. Having had success in the past it was a no brainer. However, the battery case does not charge 100%. Instead the most I get is an increase from 25% to 90% which is about what my previous case gave me at a lower price. While the output is okay it is 35% less than what is advertised and not worth the increased price! How can the company make such claims and justify the price increase when "real" life usage varies this much?
When considering the purchase of this battery case keep this in mind. You will likely not get the 100% they claim and it's pricey. That said, if you can live with 65% then by all means make the purchase. Just know what your getting in reality …
- Written by Ronald G B from Flower Mound
199 of 234 people found this useful
Why not a lightning receptacle on the bottom?
The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have cha The thing that I dislike about this charger is that it requires a mini-USB plug to charge it. If I own an iPhone 5 and I have chargers for it in my car, home and office that use the lightning plug, why would Mophie not use a female iPhone lightning compatible receptacle on the bottom of their case? That means always being forced to carry a separate plug/mini-USB cable to charge it. Why in the heck didn't they charge just a wee bit more to do it right?
As much promise as the charging case held, the case was purchased all for convenience and there is nothing convenient about this design. Mophie: Why don't you come out with a model a little more expensive to cover your costs and do it right for the people who don't want one more special cable or adapter to carry around with them. Maybe somebody will listen and fix this mess. …
- Written by Jim P from SPRINGDALE
194 of 276 people found this useful
Does what It was supposed to do
I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the nex I purchased the Mophie Juice Pack because I was tired of having to re-charge my phone overnight, and again sometime during the next day (usually once the charge got down to ~30%). I have a really nice, handmade, burled walnut case, and I was also concerned about missing the 'beauty' of the phone/case by using the plain black juice pack.
Here's what I found:
- The battery life is now very good. I charged the battery overnight on Sunday (as usual), used the phone all day on Monday (as normal), kicked in the juice pack after about 13 hours of being off the charger (which allowed me to go from 20% to 97% charge), then actually plugged my phone back in for the first time on Tuesday afternoon (with about 50% battery remaining). Just what I wanted.
- I don't notice any significant loss of wi-fi signal
- I occasionally notice a drop in about 1 bar of signal strength (so 4 bars instead of 5 in some places). However I still get 5 bars in lots of places, even with the juice pack case on the phone.
- The juice pack didn't substantially increase the size of the phone (it actually was about the same thickness as my fancy case)
- The phone's length changed a little bit (longer now w/ the juice pack), but that's not a bad thing as it feels good in my hand...actually a little more substantial. Plus, w/ the juice pack, the microphones on the bottom of the device are actually now more 'directed' towards my mouth. Siri and voice dictation seems to be more accurate now.
- I was worried about difficulties of using the headphone extension plug, but i had to use it once, and it wasn't a big deal. Sound quality using the extension was still phone. I just added the extension to my accessories pack that i normally carry anyway.
- I'd recommend to others who were looking for the same solutions. …
- Written by John T from Raleigh
115 of 134 people found this useful
3rd replacement quit!
My mophie juice pack quit after 6 months use, they sent me another until. it lasted 3 months. They sent me another unit and this o My mophie juice pack quit after 6 months use, they sent me another until. it lasted 3 months. They sent me another unit and this one quit charging also. IN addition the flash pics all have a milky white frost to them. In addition my computer does not recognize the phone when hooked up and will not upload pics with the mophie attached and will not update my phone either. I will not buy another mophie product. Also apple store would not do anything about it for me. …
- Written by Tim G from Omaha
Charging great so far, BUT I can't get the darn thing off!
I just got this pack for my new iPhone 5s. I had one for my iPhone 4, and it was very convenient, pretty sturdy, and I was gratef I just got this pack for my new iPhone 5s. I had one for my iPhone 4, and it was very convenient, pretty sturdy, and I was grateful to have it. This one is beautiful, and I use the cheap headphones, and am able to plug it into the bottom without using the adapter. HOWEVER, it won't sync with iTunes with the case on (seriously?) and in attempting to remove it so I could sync iTunes (and restore because I randomly got locked out of my phone), I can't get the darn thing off...it hurts my fingers, and will not come off. It's ridiculous. Any tips, because it's making me quite angry and wasting time in my day- not feeling worth the money right now & I'm feeling as though it would be better to carry my charger with me than to deal with not being able to get this glorified phone case off. Oof!!! …
- Written by Alena W from New York
While I have nothing bad to say about the battery life (it holds a charge and certainly does a great job at extending the battery While I have nothing bad to say about the battery life (it holds a charge and certainly does a great job at extending the battery life of the phone), I do have a couple of complaints about the design.
1. As others have stated, it is difficult to use headphones (needs adaptor) and the plug isn't the lightning.
2. Biggest complaint, its not really built to hold up as a case. What I mean by that...if you are prone to dropping your phone (which I can't be the only klutz out there who is), it won't hold up. At all. I've had this for 3 months, and yes, I have dropped it a few times. It cracked on the upper left corner and the buttons for the volume and to switch from silent to ringer easily fall out. Most other cases that I have had have had silicone edges that don't crack like this seemingly cheap plastic does. I've never needed to buy the otter box or anything like that, and never had a problem with a case cracking like this before. After 3 months, its totally useless. :(
3. I have the white case, and have also noticed that there is a weird purplish discoloration to the back of the case as well. …
- Written by Jennifer W from Orlando
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit an iPhone 5 C?
- Asked by Caroline W
- Sep 28, 2013
No, the iPhone 5C is just a little thicker than the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S.
- Answered by Michael S from Kennesaw
- Oct 7, 2013
What is the difference between the two Mophie Cases for the iPhone 5?
- Asked by Samuel R from Franklin
- Jun 29, 2013
Helium - 80% extra battery charge, slightly thinner then Air
Air - 100% extra battery charge, sligh Helium - 80% extra battery charge, slightly thinner then Air
Air - 100% extra battery charge, slightly thicker then Helium …
- Answered by Jeremy B from Port Moody
- Aug 23, 2013
Can I charge my Mophie in Paris using 220 v?
- Asked by Mike D from New Harbor
- Feb 14, 2015
No answers yet
how long does it take to have the case fully charged ?
- Asked by Vivek P from Montreal
- Aug 5, 2014
About 2-3 hours
- Answered by Victor A from Vista
- Nov 10, 2014
does the factory earphone plugs into the case or does it have to use the adaptor?
- Asked by William C from Rowland Heights
- Nov 11, 2013
is there a charging indicator light on the mophie
- Asked by Michele D from Coeur D Alene
- Jul 21, 2014
Yes, on the back there is a button you can click and up to 4 lights light up, depending on how full Yes, on the back there is a button you can click and up to 4 lights light up, depending on how full the battery is. …
- Answered by Heidi S from Washington
- Jul 23, 2014