Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone
The Ultimate Ears BOOM speaker lets you share the music on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with everyone. It's a party waiting to happen—with a convenient water bottle shape that fits comfortably in your hand, in a cup holder, or hung from just about anything. You can also pair it with eight different Bluetooth-enabled iOS devices, two of which can be active simultaneously. With re-streaming, you can even pair two UE BOOM speakers together to double the volume or get true stereo separation. No matter how you use it, UE BOOM provides impressively big sound for its compact size—sound that's rich and full across the entire audio spectrum.
- 360-degree speaker drops bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Wirelessly switch songs, adjust volume, and take phone calls from up to 50 feet away from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Versatile, go anywhere shape that easily fits in your hand or a cup holder
- Colorful acoustic skin with plasma coating for water and stain resistance
- Up to 15-hours of rechargeable battery life that gives you non-stop music
- Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo via the UE BOOM app to spread the sound and increase the volume
- Wake up with UE BOOM and music from your iTunes library, iTunes Radio, and more via the UE BOOM app's alarm feature
Did you notice?With re-streaming, you can pair two UE BOOMs together to double the volume or get left and right stereo.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly share the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker
- Quick start guide
- Micro USB cable
- Power adapter
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.09 in./18 cm
- Width: 2.72 in./6.91 cm (Diameter)
- Weight: 1.19 lb./0.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 980-000678
- UPC or EAN No.: 097855092724
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
UE BOOM is the 360 degree wireless speaker made to rage, riot, party and play the music you love out loud. With the UE BOOM app, it becomes even more. Use the app for:
●Double Up – Wirelessly connect two UE BOOMs together in stereo to double the sound and expand the party.
●Alarm – UE BOOM wakes you up with your favorite songs and music services. Enjoy Spotify playlists and radio, Pandora stations, iTunes and much more. Because the party never actually stops–you just fall asleep.
●Settings – Personalize the name, language and more on your UE BOOM to make it your own.
●Learn – Use the UE BOOM online immersion guide to learn more about what your UE BOOM can do. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
The sound coming out of this portable speaker is incredible. It almost sounds as good as my home stereo.
In fact, this is the onl The sound coming out of this portable speaker is incredible. It almost sounds as good as my home stereo.
In fact, this is the only review I have ever written. For anything. Ever. It's that good. …
- Written by James R from Hamilton
131 of 139 people found this useful
What incredible sound this tiny speaker produces. I tried the Jawbone, but sent it back immediately. The Jawbone speakers 'normali What incredible sound this tiny speaker produces. I tried the Jawbone, but sent it back immediately. The Jawbone speakers 'normalize' the sound - cuts the sound off to a certain volume. And it overrides very easily.
The UE BOOM speakers produce a crisp, LOUD sound. The only thing that is missing is BASE. But still, I'd give it a five star anytime. …
- Written by H.A.D. H from Amsterdam
87 of 93 people found this useful
This product was amazing it has great sound, and bass. The 360 degree compatibility was great to it was very helpful making the wh This product was amazing it has great sound, and bass. The 360 degree compatibility was great to it was very helpful making the whole room light up with clear sound. The wireless compatibility was also great it was just as good when it was plugged in with the cord. Also the battery life was fifteen hours at a low volume but as the volume gets louder the power runs out faster (not really a problem). …
- Written by anita R from Farmington Hills
83 of 86 people found this useful
Blue tooth connection is horrible (my first huge let down with Apple store)
I am so disappointed with the blue tooth connection; is is spotty at best. When pairing two speakers, the Left and Right pairing I am so disappointed with the blue tooth connection; is is spotty at best. When pairing two speakers, the Left and Right pairing is constantly disconnecting an in the joint speaker option, it is erratic. I do onto recommend these speakers. …
- Written by Valita F from Indianapolis
I bought this speaker and i think it is the best of its size, price and quality .... it's different and sounds great, just better I bought this speaker and i think it is the best of its size, price and quality .... it's different and sounds great, just better than the others and the battery is crazy over 6 or 8 hours of fun with full volume! Buy it …
- Written by Alessandro E from Miami
Pretty darn good sound
just piked up one of these. At first I wasn't too impressed with the sound quality, it seems to completely filter out any sound l just piked up one of these. At first I wasn't too impressed with the sound quality, it seems to completely filter out any sound lower than about 125Hz. For the price I could have gone Bose and got much better bang for the buck..(I am a bit of a bass junkie)
Found out that there was "an app for that" which allowed me to tweak the EQ between 4 different pre-defined settings. They are: Out loud (best for most environments), Bass Boost, Intimate (for small rooms, hard floors/walls) and Vocals (Talk Radio, Podcasts/Movies).
So I just had to update the speaker...that was painless (download the updater, plug in the speaker with USB to the Computer and open the updater and run it.) once I updated it the sounds was much better and the Bass Boost EQ setting is much better for the music I like to listen to (mainly dance/techno etc..). the Standard EQ setting "Out Loud" works great with Alternative/Rock etc..
Had I not updated it I would have been returning it tomorrow and picked up a Bose for $30 more.
The claim is up to 15hrs per charge. Well this is day 1 with it so have not had the chance to test for it yet.
Overall much more impressed now that the firmware has been updated.
Easily gets loud enough to fill the 1200sqft or so of my main floor at home with decent sound.
I will now be looking for a discounted version of this so can pair two together and can't wait for Camping Season to test this over a weekend or so!! …
- Written by Michael P from Calgary
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the Ulimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone truly have the ability to be a speakerphone? Meaning does it have a microphone built in?
- Asked by Maren L from Egg Harbor
- Feb 4, 2014
Can it connect to macbook?
- Asked by Stevanus K from Seattle
- Nov 14, 2013
I was told when I called Apple with this question that it could be paired with a Macbook - as long a I was told when I called Apple with this question that it could be paired with a Macbook - as long as it has bluetooth enabled. …
- Answered by Abi S
- Nov 29, 2013
can it go underwater? like full soaked ?
- Asked by Jeremy S
- Jan 13, 2014
No. Boom should not be fully immersed in water or any other liquid.
- Answered by Robert K
- Jan 17, 2014
can i connect Bluetooth speakers to Apple TV?
- Asked by Barry B from West Chester
- Dec 12, 2013
- Answered by Chris W from Weirton
- Dec 27, 2013
Can I connect my iPod nano with the ultamite ears boom using a USB or other wiring as the nano does not have Bluetooth
- Asked by Jacky H
- Oct 30, 2013
if you have a mini jack to mini jack cable (for example: the belkin flat angle mini stereo cable ava if you have a mini jack to mini jack cable (for example: the belkin flat angle mini stereo cable available on the online store) then I don't see why not. …
- Answered by Jonathan B
- Nov 28, 2013