Answers the call, answers to you
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in, Voyager Legend tells you who is calling and you can decide whether to answer or ignore the call by voice command, without checking your phone or pushing a button.
Take the call wherever you choose
Smart Sensor technology knows when you're wearing your headset and routes the call to your iPhone or to your headset. And if you want to transfer the call back to your phone, just take off the headset. The sensors also pauses music when you take off the headset and automatically locks the call button to avoid unwanted calls.
Triple-play precision audio
Three microphones combine to capture your voice and block background noise, while three layers of wind protection ensure clear calls wherever your conversations take you. And the 13mm speaker delivers clear, full sound whether you're on a call on just listening to tunes.
Exclusive Apple charging kit
The 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge your headset and iPhone from either your computer or your car.
- Incoming caller ID tells you who is calling and lets you say “Answer” or “Ignore” to manage the call
- Smart Sensor technology knows when you're wearing the headset and routes the call to your iPhone or to your headset
- Calls are incredibly clear thanks to triple noise-canceling mics that block background noise and wind
- Apple exclusive 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Listen to your favorite tunes from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with a 13mm speaker that delivers clear, full sound
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status, and more
- Separate power, mute, and volume buttons provide easy access so you're always in control
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen so you'll always know that you have time to talk
- Comfort-tested, balanced design lets you slip it on and forget it's there; perfect for all-day wear
- Up to 7 hours of talk time and 11 days of standby time
Did you notice?The Apple-exclusive 2-in-1 car + USB charging system helps keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands, Smart Sensors, and premium sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Headset
- Silicone eartips (S,M,L)
- Foam eartip covers (S,M)
- Car + USB charging system
- Other Features: Mono Bluetooth, Wireless
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 3.0
- No. of Microphones: 3
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Charge Time: 90 minutes
- Stand By Time: 11 days
- Height: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Depth: 0.42 in./1.07 cm
- Weight: 0.65 oz./18.5 g
- Length: 4 in./10.16 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 88938-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 017229138711
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Smartest headset on the market
It does exactly what it says... The sound is great, it fits perfect and you will probably forget it's on your ear. All the feature It does exactly what it says... The sound is great, it fits perfect and you will probably forget it's on your ear. All the features are great and useful, like call announce, voice commands, movement sensors. The only bad thing is the charger - if you use it extensively, you will have to carry an adapter or another cable with you. …
- Written by Razvan M from Bucharest
88 of 90 people found this useful
Works great, including voice command by button press
I don't know what 'Mark M' is talking about. The user's manual states clearly you can voice dial using the phone's own voice featu I don't know what 'Mark M' is talking about. The user's manual states clearly you can voice dial using the phone's own voice feature by pressing the Call button, which is the button at the back of the microphone boom, for two seconds. That brings up voice dial via the iPhone's 'voice control' function. Works perfectly on my iPhone 4. The headset performs exactly as I need it to. The sensor feature is a nice bonus. You can keep the headset connected to the phone but leave it on your desk when you don't need it. When you get a call, put the headset on your ear and the audio is transferred from the handset to the headset. Beats what I used to have to do which was tell a caller to hang on while I put on and connect my headset. I recommend not bothering with the Vocalyst feature. …
- Written by Frederic B from Pflugerville
63 of 66 people found this useful
Great design, Great button functions, Great voice quality, OK music quality
I'm on a mission to find the best Bluetooth headset out there. My uses are at the desk so I can type while I'm on the phone, in th I'm on a mission to find the best Bluetooth headset out there. My uses are at the desk so I can type while I'm on the phone, in the car to take calls, and on dog walks to listen to music and podcasts.
Two issues with it:
1. The sound quality is fine for phone calls, but not too great for listening to music and NPR. I know a little mono headset like this can't do everything, but Bose and B&O headsets have much better sound quality. Problems with Bose is the the headset is UGLY, materials are cheap, the buttons don't function well (sloppy on/off and volume). The B&O doesn't play music and I don't like the in-ear design. My dog bit it off after 2 weeks of buying it. $350 down the drain). I also tried Jabra and Jawbone. Didn't like either of those.
2. There's bulk behind the ears. It gets slightly uncomfortable for hours of wearing it, and my glasses won't stay on straight.
But I can live with those . . .
- Beautiful design
- Great magnetic charge connector and fast charge
- Love the toggle volume button
- Takes about 5 seconds to set up with Bluetooth (I have an iPhone 4s)
- When you get a call, just say "Answer" or "Ignore" and that's it!
- Long boom so my voice is clearer to my calls (they tell me).
Before this I had a Plantronics A170 Marque that I loved because it was a nice looking, discreet, lozenge, but the sound was really bad. My calls said it sounded like I was in a tin can and I kept having to repeat myself so they could understand.
This is definitely a keeper (until Bose or B&O does a redesign). …
- Written by Robert S. K from MILWAUKEE
59 of 64 people found this useful
Not sure why some have rated it too low. I am using it for more than a year and no complaints at all. The best feature I like is i Not sure why some have rated it too low. I am using it for more than a year and no complaints at all. The best feature I like is it connects to 2 phones simultaneously and let you receive calls from any. I have my personal cell phone and have to carry office blackberry and it works out great.
One day it got "dead". There was no response at all. I called Plantronics help line and they suggested to update the unit by connecting to computer and download the latest software version. Did that and it became alive. Still working great. …
- Written by Yassir A from Cambridge
0 of 1 people found this useful
Hard to Say it is Good
I replaced a Plantronics M155 with the Plantronics Voyager after having poor bluetooth headset performance issues on phone calls ( I replaced a Plantronics M155 with the Plantronics Voyager after having poor bluetooth headset performance issues on phone calls (over cellular or wireless access points). No improvement. It is either the iPhone 5s, or local wireless interference. I hoped the improved tech of the Legend would help. It has not. …
- Written by Ted H from Rogers
1 of 2 people found this useful
Not bad but not great.
I have both a 5 and 5s. I have two of these headsets and the charging case. Both headsets are pairs to both phones and one is in t I have both a 5 and 5s. I have two of these headsets and the charging case. Both headsets are pairs to both phones and one is in the charging case so I am never without my headset.
When they are working well, they sound good and last a long time. The charging case ensures my headset is never dead and at least the case takes a micro USB to charge it.
Often times though I get poor call quality if the headset is in my left ear and the phone is on my right side belt. This seems worse when am using my phone for web or other wifi related functions at the same time as a call. I have replaced phones thinking its a phone, headsets thinking it's the headset. I have concluded it's simply a case of the headset not being fully compatible with these phones. The firmware in either phone and headset does not seem to matter.
I would not recommend this product to apple users. …
- Written by Cameron M from THREE HILLS
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you mention the Range/distance that it covers?
- Asked by Prashant S
- Jul 13, 2014
I tried 10 meters, no wall. Sound quality is acceptable.
- Answered by Weiyi L from Encinitas
- Jul 20, 2014
Will this work with a 2014 15-inch Macbook Pro Retina?
- Asked by Jacob E from Athens
- Aug 6, 2014
does it sound to the person on the other hand as if you are ia a tin box?
- Asked by Roy H from Mokena
- May 21, 2014
I just bought this after talking to my friend who at the time was using voyager legend headset. I wa I just bought this after talking to my friend who at the time was using voyager legend headset. I was impressed with the quality of his voice over my car's bluetooth system.
i liked the voice quality so much that I ordered my headset within 24 hours. the day i received mine headset, i called a few people using both my iPhone 5s and MagicJack app on my iPad mini, all calls received very positive comments on clarity.
Yesterday I spoke to a couple of people while driving home and switched between my car's bluetooth and voyager legend. During both calls, Voyager was rated higher for the quality and clarity of my voice and lack of background noise.
Not sure if this answers your tin-box question, but it in my personal experience of owning it less than a week i have received very good feedback. …
- Answered by Imran J from New Hyde Park
- Jun 25, 2014
does this work with the left ear too?…my dad is deaf in his right ear… you get the point. please respond soon! :-)
- Asked by Elisabeth S from Santa Monica
- Dec 22, 2013
Yes. Both the over the ear hook and the microphone reverse so it can be worn on either ear
- Answered by Justin G from Lake Forest
- Apr 28, 2014
Does this Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Headset work with an ipad for using Dragon Dictate?
- Asked by Dorothy C
- Oct 12, 2013
Yes it does, but you must use the Plantronics BT300 Bluetooth USB dongle. Also, in the Bluetooth Sys Yes it does, but you must use the Plantronics BT300 Bluetooth USB dongle. Also, in the Bluetooth System Preference Pane on you Mac, you need to select "PTL Legend" and "don't use". That way your Mac will not interfere with the Voyager Legend using the BT300. This is the only way it will work, and is the method explained by Plantronics. While I have not yet bought the BT300, I've read others reporting that the VL works great with DD. …
- Answered by Robert C from Tigard
- Jan 7, 2014
will headset work on iphone 5s
- Asked by Dominic M from Bentleigh East
- Nov 13, 2013
Yes. i am using with my iPhone 5s. and its working as good as it was working with my previous phone Yes. i am using with my iPhone 5s. and its working as good as it was working with my previous phone Galaxy S4. So dont worry. …
- Answered by Gulamali A from Hyderabad
- Dec 31, 2013