Speck’s SmartShell Satin case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2396
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005243
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Rear bottom tabs break
I've bought 2 of these cases and both broke at the same area where the bottom cover attaches to the rear sides. The case lasted ab I've bought 2 of these cases and both broke at the same area where the bottom cover attaches to the rear sides. The case lasted about 5 weeks each time. Bummer. The look and feel of the case are as expected …
- Written by MICHAEL W from SUMMERVILLE
154 of 161 people found this useful
get this if you want your mac to be utterly damaged and scratched on areas where the case hooks on to your machine. The snapping o get this if you want your mac to be utterly damaged and scratched on areas where the case hooks on to your machine. The snapping on of the case scratched my MBP and left white marks which caused my resale value to drop by nearly 50%. If you're someone who protects your product, please do not buy any casing that snaps onto your machine. It kills it. …
- Written by Bowie L
132 of 149 people found this useful
Not as good as previous Speck cases
I have used numerous Speck cases over the years and this is the worst one yet. The last case kept going strong for 3+ years, but t I have used numerous Speck cases over the years and this is the worst one yet. The last case kept going strong for 3+ years, but there is serious quality problems with this one. Like the other reviewer, I too had the rear bottom tab (just next to the right hand USB port) snap. Speck needs to really take a step back and assess these quality problems, because other than the tab snapping right off, the case does not fit as snug as models they have made before. I will be returning this and getting a different case or waiting until someone makes a really good one. …
- Written by Spencer W from Vancouver
111 of 115 people found this useful
Speck 15" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina display
I purchased my first MacBook Pro in June of 2014, being the OCD person I am i immediately wanted to protect my new investment. So, I purchased my first MacBook Pro in June of 2014, being the OCD person I am i immediately wanted to protect my new investment. So, I purchased the Speck 15" SmartShell case. I must say at five months in the case has performed it's job 10 times over. I read some of the other reviews and have not experienced any of the issues/flaws that other buyers have. Maybe Speck has upgraded the material used to construct the shell. It has saved my MacBook Pro on several occasions including a good scratching from the cat. Yes, i will say the shell did not hold up against the cat's rear claws, the top is scratched, but I will say that those same scratches are NOT on my MacBook. …
- Written by Jeffery E from Stratford
My SmartShell Satin Case started to break off in small pieces after 9 months.
- Written by Anders W from Sigtuna
Rear bottom tabs shatter quickly
This is a nice shell, but it falls apart way too easily.
- Written by Robert Y from Weeki Wachee
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
im i recommended to use something to cool down my laptop if I use a shell case
- Asked by Jean-laurent B
- Aug 6, 2014
This case has holes where the fans are in the RMBP.
- Answered by Veronica L from Lincoln Park
- Sep 5, 2014
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
- Jun 20, 2014
Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" option. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
- Sep 26, 2014
the case was made by hard plastic so, does this case hurm to macbook? could you tell me please, this case scratches macbook?
- Asked by Serkan Y
- Oct 31, 2013
Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the case, it will not scratch your computer. Just use the microfibre cloth that came with your macbook to wipe of the outside of your computer and the inside of the case prior to installation. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
- Sep 26, 2014
Will this fit the latest 13" retina display macbook pro, the one with the haswell chip?
- Asked by Jake J
- Nov 11, 2013
Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bot Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bottom. I haven't seen one on the older model but I may return it because its bugging me to have a slight creaking sound when I pick it up with one hand (when open) and I feel it slightly moving/detaching. It might be a good idea to keep it for the long term protection but the slight weight increase is noticeable when the Pros are so light now days. All that said, I can't imagine another brand would be better at this issue, it seems to be a function of this type of cover. …
- Answered by Chris H from Lehi
- Nov 12, 2013