Special Limited Time Price
Originally released March 2011
Wi-Fi + 3G (3G data plan sold separately)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
FaceTime with 2 cameras
HD video recording
Dual-core A5 chip
10-hour battery life
Smart covers (sold separately), instant on
9.7-inch widescreen display
1.35 pounds and 0.34 inch
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPods
- Supplies are limited
All-new design. Less in your hands. More at your fingertips.
iPad is now 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter. You’ll feel the difference when you pick it up. And when you just can’t put it down.
Dual-core A5 chip. It’s fast, times two.
Two powerful cores and faster graphics mean better surfing, better watching, better gaming, better everything. All with the same 10 hours of battery life.
Two cameras. FaceTime, HD video, and lots more to smile about.
Share big laughs with friends and family over FaceTime. Film your life in HD. And put a twist on your snapshots with Photo Booth.
iPad Smart Cover. One great idea on top of another. (Sold Separately)
It attaches magnetically and aligns perfectly. Open and close it, and iPad 2 wakes up and goes to sleep. Fold it into a stand for watching and typing. It’s smart in more ways than one.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi+3G (2nd generation)
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- 10W USB Power Adapter
- 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed; high-performance; low-power system-on-a-chip
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Power and Battery
- Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi1 watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network1
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
Input and Output
- 30-pin dock connector port
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Micro-SIM card tray
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV Adapter (sold separately)
Camera, Photos, and Video
- Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Still camera with 5x digital zoom
- Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio
- VGA-quality still camera
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Data only
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
TV and Video
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
- Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable
- 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Mail Attachment Support
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
- Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canadian), French Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji, Ten Key), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Catalan, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Macedonian, and Cherokee
- Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, Vietnamese, and Cherokee
- Assisted GPS
- Digital compass
- Support for playback of closed-captioned content
- VoiceOver screen reader
- Full-screen zoom magnification
- White on black display
- Mono audio
Size and weight
- Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
- Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.34 inches (8.8 mm)
- Weight: 1.35 pounds (613 g)2
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access3
Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.apple.com/itunes/download)3
Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C), Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C), Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing, and Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m).
iPad 2 is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LCD display
- Recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products4. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- Corporate Gifts and Rewards: Sometimes a simple act of generosity can motivate employees, impress prospective clients, and lead to more loyal customers. Refurbished iPads are available for bulk sales intended for internal use or gifting. Contact your Apple representative and ask about Refurbished iPad availability and pricing: 1-866-425-4763.
- 1. Testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction iPad 2 units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback, and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or 3G. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute movie purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi-Fi and 3G tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages, and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over 3G); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad 2 units; actual results may vary.
- 2. Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 3. Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
- 4. Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.