|Size and Weight||
|External Buttons and Connectors|
|Power and Battery3||
iPod shuffle and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product lifecycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iPod shuffle is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your iPod.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC). Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.